Feelings and communication help

iVillage Member
Feelings and communication help
Mon, 04-13-2009 - 9:24am

So I need some advice on any books or studies about feelings and communicating your feelings.

Hi,
My friend's husband has a very hard time communicating to her how he is feeling/thinking about things. He has always had a very hard time coming up with the words to what he is feeling and sometimes he does not know what he is feeling/thinking. For example he had gotten very frustrated with the kids acting up (which is normal) but when his wife tried to talk about what made him frustrated or what they could do together to try and remedy the kids behavior as well as the reactions of her husband he has no input and complains that he does not know how to talk to her/ friends/ God or anybody.

Thanks for reading and any suggestions!
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-13-2009 - 1:30pm
I have no idea just because it's your friend's husband who is having trouble communicating. That isn't much to go on to why. Maybe he could write things down or an idea can be suggested and then people come back to it later to give him time to think and figure out a response?
~ Rain   

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-13-2009 - 8:38pm

I know him very well and my friend so what I have seen and heard is that he does do better with communicating by e-mail rather than a phone where he has time to think of what to say.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-13-2009 - 10:57pm

Welcome tiffanyandgreg to the self-esteem board.