If you were drop dead gorgeous...

Administrator
If you were drop dead gorgeous...
Tue, 05-26-2009 - 8:45am
Would it make a difference in how you feel about yourself? Do you think you'd be treated differently by others than what you are now?

shape-upchallenge.gif picture by HealthAccountCelebrate Women's Health Week May 10-16!

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-27-2009 - 9:46pm

No. I would still have my not so great days.

Community Leader
Wed, 05-27-2009 - 7:45pm
This may sound as though I have a very inflated ego, but I was drop dead gorgeous at one point in my life. I attracted men wherever I went -
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-27-2009 - 7:17pm
I hate to say it, but yes, I would feel different about myself and others would treat me differently. 10 years ago I was a lot thinner and received a lot of attention from men. They did tell me that I was beautiful and it did make me feel good about myself. Now that I am a lot heavier I hardly ever get attention from men and I feel horrible about myself.
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-27-2009 - 9:43am

looks aren't everything. if someone is going to treat me differently based on how i look, then who needs

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-27-2009 - 12:26am

Whaddaya mean 'if' ;)

I'm sure I'd feel different and be treated differently.

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-26-2009 - 9:28pm
Since the only person who has ever told me that I was pretty was DH (and I was almost 40 when we married), I can't say for certain how I would feel about myself if I was drop dead gorgeous. I know that I would've gotten a lot more attention, would've had a first date before I was 25, had been popular, etc., instead of growing up as a loner, keeping my emotions hidden deep within my shell. On the other hand, I am very uncomfortable when I am the center of attention.... So I really can't say for sure.
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-26-2009 - 5:03pm
Pffft!
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-26-2009 - 1:07pm

Oh, I'm SURE I would be treated differently. Given the tendency toward assuming beautiful = dumb, I'm sure whatever I had to say would be taken less seriously!

AS for how I feel about myself, I'm not sure that I would feel better about myself. It all depends, I think, on whether I was born that way r was "made" that way after my self image has already been formed... If the latter, I suspect it wouldn't help at al!

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

April is National Decorating Month
In these economically challenged times, do you think we need a Repair Manifesto?

CL for "

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-26-2009 - 9:17am

Would it make a difference in how you feel about yourself?
~ No, I don't think so.

Do you think you'd be treated differently by others than what you are now?
~ I'd most probably get more attention, which right now is something that I don't want. These extra kilos are security kilos. Yep, I am hiding behind my weight. It's a big issue with me at this time.