Giving it up

iVillage Member
Giving it up
Fri, 06-12-2009 - 1:13am
If I may, I would like to share a major, but necessary life decision I've made this evening. Before continuing though, let me say that I am not trying to criticize anyone; but just wanting to share my experience and challenging decision.
In my previous posts, I've explained that I am christian and am a child of God. I've also written that despite my christian beliefs and values, that I have dabbled into the Occult. Or termed by others as witchcraft, black magic.
In my mind, I tried rationalizing my study of witchcraft (sorry everyone for terming the occult as witchrcraft, but I just terming th Occult how its thought of by others) as harmless, as ok and they god knew my true self.
Since I never, and I mean never participating in spells or rituals, I often told myself that my hands were clean.
Tonight though, despite how much I enjoy the Occult, I've decided that I will no longer participate in it any longer.
I'm not criticizing the pagans or others who are still active in the occult, but for me,, I have to give it up!
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-12-2009 - 9:56am
if you enjoy it, then why are you giving it up?
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-12-2009 - 7:12pm

You are right when you noted that the occult is not the same as witchcraft.