iVillage Member
..new here..
Fri, 06-12-2009 - 10:37pm
iVillage Member
Sat, 06-13-2009 - 1:17pm

Welcome to the board.

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-15-2009 - 10:40am

i agree with n2 that your knowledge of yourself is impressive. and i also understand your perfectionist standpoint, how you would give up if you don't see results after a couple of days (my mom is the same way). i believe that we have our lovely media (tv and magazines) to thank for that; in tv land, everything happens overnight. that's not reality, though. with a steady exercise program (3-4 times a week) you should start seeing results within a month or two. and n2's suggestion of mixing it up is good for avoiding boredom (and challenging your body). with exercise, can you focus less on what you see in the mirror, and more on how you feel on the inside?

you asked, "where is the point where you can just look at yourself and be ok with it?" i think the answer to that is when you know that your body will always be changing (wrinkles, weight, gray hair, whatever) but you will always be the same inside. there's something i learned in yoga class a few years back, it was a meditation on accepting that your body will grow old, know sickness, etc., but i can't remember it right now. but the point was to focus on your inner spirit. i'll see if i can find it and if so i'll post it in the "getting to know yourself" folder. your question was a very good one.

what do you mean when you say that you don't think you're good enough for your husband?

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-15-2009 - 12:49pm

I love how you wrote about accepting your body....changing, etc.

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-17-2009 - 9:49am
i forgot to mention yesterday that that meditation is called "buddha's 5 rememberances", and i added it to the "know yourself" folder. (my boss was looking over my shoulder all day yesterday, so i had to be sneaky.)
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-17-2009 - 10:26am

Be careful happy.pants.