• Grundgy is my style
  • I celebrate by uniqueness through fashion
  • As long as it's clean, I don't care
  • Hand me downs from the kids or siblings
  • Other (explain)

You will be able to change your vote.

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-14-2009 - 10:03am

This poll was prompted by a news topic on MSN this morning....Golfing attire...or as they phrased it, "Golfing style gone bad!"

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-15-2009 - 10:50am
actually, this is a question that i've been asking myself for a while. i've been out of college for going on 10 years, yet i still dress like a student. i like to dress comfortably and simply. however, i have this nagging voice in my head that says i should dress "more maturely." but i don't know what that means. for work i'll wear pants or a skirt with a top or blouse (depending on weather and "time of the month":) ). it's easy, it's comfortable, and i can get dressed in 5 minutes. it also seems to be how most of the women at my workplace dress. i have to wear flats, because i have a bad knee, so heels are out. i also hate ironing and the dry cleaners, so anything high-maintenance is out. my ideal outfit would be trousers (i found some awesome ones at jcpenney) and a button-down shirt with cool jewelry that i made myself. maybe that's "fashionable" and maybe it's not, but it would work for me (if only i could find some wrinkle-free button-downs - my husband has all the luck). great question!
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-15-2009 - 12:39pm

How interesting.

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-15-2009 - 12:55pm
yep, i make beaded jewelry, too. it is all practice and having the right tools (even though some are expensive). my stuff looks amateur, also, but i figure that i'll wear it for a while and can take it apart later if i get inspired by something else :)
Administrator
Mon, 06-15-2009 - 1:37pm
lol I'm not much of a fashionista and as long as my clothes are clean and not torn I'm pretty content.

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-15-2009 - 6:58pm

LOL...some days the "torn" is tolerable!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-17-2009 - 5:30pm

I'm not so much into fashion, I guess I dress a lot like my friends. I usually wear a unique piece of jewelry or scarf that I can call my own.