Hi everyone

iVillage Member
Hi everyone
Tue, 06-30-2009 - 10:09pm

I'm a 24 year old, married mother of 2 (ages 6 and almost 14 months). I'm teetering on the edge of a huge decision: leaving my husband. I have been gaining weight like crazy. I feel like a worthless person b/c I do not work, nor have I ever really worked. I feel like all I can do is sit at home all day with the kids, which is ideal for most people, but I have a million issues that make me feel horrible just sitting here. My husband also throws temper tantrums like a 2 year old. Last night he was upset about who knows what, so he was throwing the plastic garbage cans into the house after dumping them, then took a swing at the living room lamp and broke it instead of simply turning it off. I'm so beyond tired of his tantrums and all and I just want to get away and be on my own for a while, if not permanently. I have horrid self esteem and zero confidence in myself, but I know, deep down, that this is what I need to do.

So that's me in a nutshell. Feel free to advise, comment, criticize, whatever. I feel like I'm in a box all by myself right now.

Mary

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: marymossmayer
Wed, 07-01-2009 - 9:44pm

Welcome marymossmayer to the self-esteem board.