My attitude

iVillage Member
My attitude
Sun, 07-12-2009 - 4:50pm
I realize that on this board in particular, we are promoting self-improvement which is great.
Today I was thinking though about blessings (if you are spiritual" or newness in our lives and how during these times we are generally excited because our prays/wishes have finally been answered. Yae
Perhaps this is my hang-up in particular so I wanted to get others perspectives.
I've always loved and appreciated my loved ones support during my positive and negative times and generally, I verbalize my feelings to them especially. But what about pple who you've tried getting to know during your darkest hrs who didn't care (at least in your eyes) who re-appears when you are finally blessed?
I dislike that!
I've always had the attitude that says, if not while I am down then definitely not while I am blessed. I really don't know how to appropriately write what I am thinking so I hope you all can feel what I am saying?
iVillage Member
In reply to: sweetbeauty30
Mon, 07-13-2009 - 8:08am
are you talking about "fair-weather" friends? i can definitely relate to what you're saying. i got married last year and a handful of women whom i knew fairly well suddenly wanted to be my best friend and help with the wedding planning. after the wedding was over, they disappeared. (and i could've really used their support afterwards, since i've had some pretty dark days this past year.) my husband said it's probably because they were living vicariously through me, like they were pretending it was their wedding; but still - i would never do that to someone else. i guess you can tell someone's true character by whether they stick by you through the tough times.
iVillage Member
In reply to: sweetbeauty30
Mon, 07-13-2009 - 5:08pm

Let me do my little disclaimer first...lol.