what's wrong with me?

iVillage Member
what's wrong with me?
Mon, 07-13-2009 - 11:57pm

I have just joined this discussion group. I have read many other posts and I can associate with many of them.

I am 22 and living away from home. I am completing my degree in Psychology and Social Services and will be continuing my education in a Recreational Therapy program in september. But even here, I have some problems.

My major problem is that I don't have an opinion...for anything. I always say that I don't care because I don't want someone to think that my opinion is wrong or stupid. I care so much what other people think of me and I want so badly for people to like me. I hate when everyone is looking at me but at the same time I want some attention. I am so confused with everything in my life right now. I have a boyfriend who I have been dating for nearly 2 years. He is very good to me and he says he loves me, but for some reason I still can't believe him. He isn't a romantic person. He doesn't show affection very much and I think that is hard for me. I get upset with him very easily. Most of our fights have been because I am so insecure and I think that he is hitting on other girls when he is just being friendly. When I see him paying attention to other

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-14-2009 - 4:56pm

iwtbh_ph, welcome to the self-esteem board.