Loved not

iVillage Member
Loved not
Fri, 08-21-2009 - 9:23pm
Any one ever felt used and un loved?
iVillage Member
In reply to: salsamt
Sun, 08-23-2009 - 10:41pm
I just finished a very long post about old age and if it makes you happy. You have not mentioned in your post how old you are. If you are in your early or late teens, you have your whole life ahead of you, concentrate on being the best person you can be on the inside and the outside. Enjoy going to college, getting a degree, take it from me, you will look back on these days and miss them. If you are in your twenty's, you are lucky, gosh, I would give anything to be twenty-something again. With the experience I have now, I sure would make some different decisions. If you are in your thirties and not married, it is not the end of the world, marriage is not the beginning and end of life. When you get reach my age you will understand, and in my case you might wish you had never got married. If you can afford it adopt a child, or be a big sister to some young kid. If you sit down and wait for someone to come to you and love you, honey you will be waiting for the rest of your life. The whole thing about being a witch or the "b" word gets you lots of men is just a fantasy. Those type of women get the type of men they deserve, you would think they are happy, they never are. It is all a act with them. If you are in your forties, honey, go on a cruise if you have the money, travel see the world before you reach my age and you wonder to yourself "where did all the years go?". Are you in good health? If you are, then be thankful. Do you have a job? If you do, then be thankful. Get a journal, write these things down the things you have, the positive stuff in your life, and look at them every day so when you reach my age you would not have regrets. Don't waste time on "if only", those are the two most dreaded words to hear when you reach my age. Sorry if you thought I was going to cry with you, but I can't, you see I have done my share of crying, I have had more than my share of hits from life, so when I look at the simple things that folks complain about, I get upset and think to myself, "don't they know how lucky they are?". So my question to you is, if you are in good health, if you have a job, do you know how lucky you are? Believe me honey, happiness does not come in the shape of a man or a woman. Happiness is being thankful for just being alive. Heck, when you reach my age, you start counting how many years are left. If you are young enough, enjoy each second, as the well known opera says you only have One Life To Live. I have to quote RuPaul "If you don't love yourself, how..... do you expect anyone else to love you". Wise words.
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-27-2009 - 2:33am
Real love is hard to find these days. You have to look for that someone who can accept you as you are. But you can just find love everywhere but just be warned that there are people who are user. Just be safe in giving your self out to others. But don't lose hope because there are good people, look for them.
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-30-2009 - 9:09pm

The fastest way to feel unloved, is to put the responsibility of your happiness in someone else's hands.