I just want to be happy

iVillage Member
I just want to be happy
Tue, 09-01-2009 - 12:22am

When I talk out loud, I can somehow connect SOME of the dots, but in my head I always complicate things. For example, I have this AMAZING boyfriend of 8 months

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-07-2009 - 3:59am
why not try to look for inner peace? to me the joys of being happy starts from the self! Yourself! look for that gap that separates you to happiness, fill it, this should be your step when wanting to be happy! all others will follow!
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-08-2009 - 11:55am

i do exactly the same thing w/my husband - every time he's in a bad mood i think that i did something. i don't know where that comes from, but i have a feeling it's deep-rooted from my childhood. were you blamed a lot when you were younger? my mom was infamous for making my brother, sister and i feel responsible for her unhappiness - maybe you were in a similar situation? there is absolutely no way that you can be responsible for someone else's moods. it's just impossible.

when he's in a less-than-great mood can you remove yourself from the situation to (1) let him deal with it (sulk or mope or whatever) and (2) give yourself some perspective?

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-08-2009 - 8:56pm

I will offer you some really quick advice.