How to juggle life? Any ideas?

iVillage Member
How to juggle life? Any ideas?
Fri, 09-11-2009 - 10:14pm

Not sure what section to put this in so I apologize if its in the wrong place.

I have been in school for 3 years and I'm going into my last year. I have two kids and I've was juggling school with family 'ok' for the first two years. Last year though I was at the end of my rope. I was so burned out I can't describe it. I really am looking forward to my last year but so afraid of being in the place I was in last year.

I feel the need to finish school this year because of a few reasons. First, I'm not a spring chicken anymore :) The longer I take to graduate the older I get and I really need to get out into the work world to help pay the bills (I'm mid-30s).

That said, I need time to do things for me. I give my all to the family and school. I have no time to exercise or do things for me. I am up almost every night until 3am to get assignments done, etc. so I literally have no time for myself unless I want to go to bed at 4 or 5am.

Just wondering if anyone else has been or is in this position. I feel guilty for being in school but so close to being done. I don't know if I can make it another year though living the way I had to last year.

I need to know what it feels like to be 'happy' again.

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-12-2009 - 10:15am

You are soooooo normal!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-14-2009 - 8:19am
hello, and welcome. i have to give you a lot of credit for going to back to school; i know that it's a huge investment of money and time, but you will be so proud of yourself when you are done! i don't have kids, so i can't speak from experience when it comes to juggling family and school, but i do know that
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-14-2009 - 1:08pm
Thanks for the link.