Self-Esteem has crumbled

iVillage Member
Self-Esteem has crumbled
Fri, 09-18-2009 - 6:51pm

I had always thought I had high self esteem.

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-20-2009 - 7:19pm
hi, shinystar, welcome to the board. we're glad you're here. it is very hard to move to a new city and start a new job. it takes a lot of guts to do that and you should be very proud of yourself. at the same time, i think you should cut yourself some slack when it comes to how you 'should' be. it's totally okay to be shy (i speak from experience :)) and it takes a while to get used to living somewhere new and working at a new place. everyone is shy at first and your 'old' personality will show through eventually, once you get settled. i think the best thing to do in the meantime is to take care
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-23-2009 - 11:20pm

I would like to suggest..............honesty.

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-26-2009 - 11:55am

I think it is very common in the workplace to feel insecure and even inadequate- I always do, especially in the very beginning. I mean there are so many different personalities squeezed into one single environment, situations arise and conflicts happen. I have learned many valuable lessons in the workplace, I still need to find the time to write about them on here.

My advice is to kind of take things slowly and observe, observe, observe! Who needs to rush into happy hours and alliances when you're still getting to know everybody. And trust me, those happy hours are not always so happy- -they fuel gossip and you don;t need that right now. :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-28-2009 - 7:52am
welcome to the board, just_aubrey. you've given shinystar some very good advice and i hope to see you around here more often :)