Rough day - feeling down and frustrated

iVillage Member
Rough day - feeling down and frustrated
Tue, 12-15-2009 - 10:32pm

So for once I'm stressed out and need to vent when I'm not even hormonal or experiencing "monthly joy." Tomorrow marks 2 weeks since I've been an officially licensed attorney. Should feel great but it can't because I have yet to find a job (and believe me I'm looking!) as an attorney (or frankly anything).

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-17-2009 - 11:18am

i believe in you, too.

what i don't believe is that there is a "timetable" for anyone. you just finished school and passed the bar. be proud of yourself and take some time to revel in your accomplishments before taking the next step. if you're always trying to push yourself forward then that's like saying that what you've already accomplished isn't good enough. i completely understand your anxiety about loan debt and finding a job (i've been there before) but just try to relax for a couple of days and be proud of how far you've come.

p.s. my best friend is indian-american, and she's experienced a lot of the same family pressures that you've written about. (when you mentioned your heritage, it clicked with me.)

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-16-2009 - 10:00pm

Excellent.

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-16-2009 - 9:30pm

hi,

thanks for your response. Yesterday was just one of those days. As to doing pro bono work, I actually have already looked into it. I can volunteer in-house only since I have yet to have a "bona fide office" in the state as per the rules of professional conduct. I already give of myself working for free - I'm an intern at a law firm that specializes in employment discrimination. I love it to the extent that it's the area I want to go into (no possibility of a job though) and I have gotten great experience in learning how to interact with clients and practical drafting experience (EEOC charges, cover letters, demand letters, etc).

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-16-2009 - 11:57am

Okay beni..you know how great I think you are.

There are lots and lots of people out there that need your help and they don't care how you look.