Low self esteem vs. Jealousy

iVillage Member
Low self esteem vs. Jealousy
Sat, 05-08-2010 - 8:38pm

Hello all,

Today I felt a bit annoyed at work. This guy I had a small crush I noticed was giving this other girl attention. She does have a BF and is the type of girl who is an attention seeking drama queen, its just her personality, she alrite looking but feel like guys are interested in her or pay her the atttention. Shes outspoken and To me sounds a bit fake. So anyway I notice this guy was paying more attention to her, which is fine cuz theres nothing going on between us.

Now ill get back to like 3 wks ago How things were. At first he seemed like he likes me messaging eachother flirting around, felt like he opened up a bit and just enjoyed our conversations. I feel when Im interested in someone I tend to like them like any girl will, but I noticed he never asked me out for coffee or after work, (I cant stand baby games) so kind of ignored him completely and kept talking to my other coworkers (guys), I was always friends with them so it wasnt a big deal, I get it though He Wasnt that into me! He might like the attention from girls and has no B*lls (xcuse me for my english). Wateva ill find someone much better!

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-11-2010 - 6:15pm

I agree with you that he's a kid, the other day I was getting papers and just said excuse me and didnt pay him attention so as he left he tapped the papers he held on my shoulder to kid around so i ignore it then he messages me saying i looked to busy to say good morning to im like huh!!! anywayy then he said when he was annoyed that we had to come to work the other day. And i told him It was an interesting day and chaotic but i mean (interesting how he showed her attention). I really do feel hes a baby but im over the crush, its hard when he jokes around with me cuz I am at work and have no choice but to see him everyday.

God and theres something about the girl I just cant stand she loves attention at times, but sometimes shes quiet. and like Fake I think she knows although i pretend to talk to her that i dont like her that much. I dunno Y i feel jealous and annoyed I hate that about myself and I usuallly dont care about other girls cuz im confident in myself. Was never into being friendly with girls that remind me of Drama Queens! Yukk! all my friends I have are cool, down to earth not attention seeking girls. Im going to try to work on myself and enjoy life outside of work as much as I can! =)

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-11-2010 - 9:20am
well, you'd better get used to working with annoying people, because they're everywhere :) the guy sounds like he's just
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-10-2010 - 6:46pm
I see what your saying but I Don't want to imitate someone else, I am my own self. What makes me think she is a Drama Queen is because of an incident that happen like 2 yrs back at our company. She gets drunk at the end and everyone is asking r u ok and giving her all attention, which is fine but shes like when she comes to work people think shes ugly because she has her hair up blah blah and im like o god Drama!!! lol So that was that. shes alrite looking but around the office she'll like joke around alot with upper Mgment and the kid back and forth. Another time we all went out to lunch, on our way back she says like we all have to be fake at times when we're at work. Im like why the hell would she say that lol as if im being fake with her. Shes also very blunt when she speaks about things, I remmeber once around lunch shes with other guys and shes explaining something about a sexual position. like wtf!! be a ladyy!! she remind me of a tomboy. Whateva she is the way she is. But what pissed me off is how this kid was messaging me seemed interested yet. the other day he gave her all attention. I dont take rejection well cuz i know im a nice, pretty girl whos worth it!!
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-10-2010 - 7:48am

figure out exactly what it is about her that you're jealous of (i.e. that makes you feel threatened) and either (a) try to imitate it (be more like her) or (b) think of a similar trait that you have and focus on that. if you're envious that she's outspoken, for example, you could either try to be more outspoken or concentrate instead on your generosity/kindness/open-mindedness (or whatever trait of yours that you think of).

if you turn jealousy into a learning tool - use what makes you jealous to transform yourself - then