I need to feel better

iVillage Member
I need to feel better
Wed, 06-30-2010 - 4:01pm

I just don’t know if this is the right place but I am here on a break with my boyfriend for many reasons. I don’t even want to address all details because I am not here for us- but for me (blush)

He basically told me my truths about how unhappy I have become after returning from living abroad (we made it work wonderfully away from one another for a year).

So anyway, I have many issues and I am recognizing them as he spoke to me- some he didn’t even have to say…

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-30-2010 - 6:40pm

Have you ever been evaluated for depression? There is one I think I might have called Dysthymic Disorder. It a low-grade chronic depression. You can still get on with life, do amazing stuff, but just never really feel quite to par.

I've tried antidepressants & have pretty back luck with it. So I'm trying to fix myself up naturally. It's a slow go, but I believe I'm progressing as my days do seem to be brighter than they used to. Plus I suffer from anxiety & my panic attacks are rare & when they happen I know they're hormone based & I rarely feed into in any more.

I know I still have a ways to go, but it feels better to have gotten this far.

Awareness is a great first step. Understanding & acceptance will help pave the road to recovery. You sound wise & accepting already.

"Only when we are sick of our sickness shall we cease to be sick."

~ Lao-Tzu, from The Tao Te Cheng

"Only when we are sick of our sickness shall we cease to be sick."

~ Lao-Tzu, from The Tao Te Cheng
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-02-2010 - 9:14am

hey, tearyangel, welcome to the board. did you and your BF go from a long-distance relationship to a 'local' one? if so, then

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-02-2010 - 3:39pm
I want to applaud you for taking ownership of your own happiness.
Live life fully, fabulously and on fire! Kassandra Bibas http://notbuilttobebroken.blogspot.com