Which is more important: Looking Good...

Administrator
Which is more important: Looking Good...
Tue, 07-20-2010 - 8:49am

Which is more important: Looking Good or Feeling Good

• Looking Good
  • Feeling Good

You will be able to change your vote.

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-12-2010 - 2:04pm
it's the opposite for me; if i don't feel good, it shows up in my face, posture, etc.
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-09-2010 - 12:09pm

looking good is most important to me because I've found that when I look good, I feel good:)

If I don't look so great, I don't feel great either.

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-24-2010 - 8:09pm

when you say 'looking good', do you mean looking your best, or looking like you have your own personal trainer/hairstylist/nutritionist/etc. ?

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-22-2010 - 5:04pm
Kind of a silly question, if you ask me. I would trade my looks for a peace of mind and a high self-esteem any minute.
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2010 - 1:25pm

I think feeling good because if you don't have your health or emotional well being what do you have?

However, liking the way you look is important because it is the casing we have to walk around with in this world; like it or not, to others it reflects who we are, at least initially.

If I can keep my weight down and look presentable I just tend to be happier, because what I see reflected back at me doesn't make me uncomfortable (when I have gained weight my face is chubby and I look older).

Although in my experience, it does seem you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. I have had a constant conflict between looking good and looking not so good.

When you look good you like what you see reflected, but then you get a lot of unwanted attention, and sometimes disrespect from men (some men, if they primarily want to boink you, then they don't respect you). If you look a bit frumpy, men leave you alone, but they also ignore you.

Quite a choice, but all in all the former is better I guess. I have gone back and forth between the 2 all my life because of this conflict between wanting to look good and desirable, and wanting to be respected and left in peace.

Another thing about looks verses feeling well: Our feelings can change from day to day, whereas keeping fit, etc. are more long term.

All in all, if I had to choose between being frumpy and feeling great or gorgeous and feeling horrible? Well, no contest, the former of course.

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2010 - 12:44pm

As I always say,
"Comfort before fashion."

I have found my reflection is of how I see myself. I can see a totally different person in the mirror from day to day w/o losing weight, inches, acne or gain all the above or new clothing.

In correlation to the article - regarding weight. I have seen gorgeous obese women and I've seen dumpy skinny women. It's how the women reflect themselves.

So this is one of those questions where I believe BOTH answers are correct and actually work with each other.

Appearance can help your esteem & esteem can help your appearance.

"Only when we are sick of our sickness shall we cease to be sick."

~ Lao-Tzu, from The Tao Te Cheng

"Only when we are sick of our sickness shall we cease to be sick."

~ Lao-Tzu, from The Tao Te Cheng
Administrator
Tue, 07-20-2010 - 8:51am
Other

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com