I HATE insonsiderate people!

iVillage Member
I HATE insonsiderate people!
Sun, 08-08-2010 - 12:00pm
I'm building up a lot of hatred for cheap, inconsiderate people. I mainly hate the ones that go beyond frugal and are cheap to the point where it's not fun hanging out with them because they count every penny. How do I let go of that anger toward them? Is there a productive way to remind them that they're being inconsiderate or are they hopeless?
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-08-2010 - 6:06pm
inconsiderate in what way? because they are not generous with money, or because they don't want to hang out b/c they're watching their spending? just trying to figure out where you're coming from :)
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-08-2010 - 7:15pm
cheap cheap! counting pennies. tacky. gauche. people who make 100, 200 grand (each) and decide to split a check at a restaurant. people who are too cheap too give their babysitter a Christmas gift or decide to forgo her raise because they would rather save the money and keep it all to themselves. people who do not believe in giving to charity. people who don't believe in quality vs quantity (they would buy 10 made in china dresses at walmart than 1 quality dress from Etsy.) People who charge "friends" for taking photos of their kids because they have the good camera. Stuff like that. This has nothing to do with economy or budgeting. It's just being inconsiderate. Oh, an those people always complain that they're broke even it everyone around them knows that they lie about it.
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-09-2010 - 9:12am
i see where you're coming from. one of my relatives is notorious for his tipping at restaurants; he rounds the bill up to the nearest 10 dollars, and the difference is the tip. so if the bill is 49.25, he'll round up to 50 and give the waitress a 75-cent tip. (it embarrasses me so i'll leave a proper tip when he's not looking.) i think it's just the way some people were raised; maybe their parents were really poor and therefore they (a) never learned
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-09-2010 - 11:54am

I totally get where you're coming from!