WELCOME! And Roll Call

iVillage Member
WELCOME! And Roll Call
Mon, 03-24-2003 - 2:12pm
Wow, here we are. Let's do a roll call to see who found us. Plus, give us your first impression of the new format.

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 11:37am
If you click on the link called "outline view" in the tan area at the top of your screen, it lets you see the replies. But keep the main window open, too, because you can't really navigate very well from the outline view. I keep closing the main window, but then when I want to post a new discussion or something, I have to open a new browser window and log in all over again! I know it's frustrating to have to learn a new board system, but we'll get through it. I just keep telling myelf that the people here are worth the effort! :o}
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 6:30pm
Lil Bit here, I don't like not being able to see the replies. I guess there is probably another way other than those tiny numbers under the post, but I haven't tried to fing it yet.
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 10:05pm
i didn't like the new board at first, but now i'm getting used to it. Luckily for me i just joined, so i wasn't too attached to the old format ;)

-jennie
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 9:38pm
I can see how it can be frustrating. Couple things that I've found that helped me a lot was the "outline view" and "folder view". You are able to read the boards without logging in and what happens is that everything comes up as new. If you log in first, even if you aren't going to reply to any post, then you can see what is new from the last time you read any posts.

Hope that helps a little...

Kari

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 4:25pm
I'm not liking the new format too much, but I'll get used to it--Precia

Precia

Cl-Families and Mental Illness

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 2:04pm
Hi, Heidi here, and my first impression of the new format was UGGGHHH! But now that I've fiddled with it for awhile I like it okay. I like the avatars.

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 1:48pm
I'm really sorry to hear that, Jean. If I can help, please feel free to email me or chat and I'll try to walk you through it. I really don't want to see you leave.
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 1:36pm
Sorry to be so negative, but I hate the new board. I'm having trouble navigating. The only message that keeps coming up is Gina's. I have not been able to read any of the posts. I need more stabiltiy in my life right now, not more disruption. I'm sure that the board is actually easy to figure out and that I'm just too ignorant to get the job done. I won't be coming back much if it's this much work to try to figure out how to read the board.

Jean

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 12:34pm
I don't think I like this format at all. However, this is the first time I have visited since it started (unless this is the first day it changed). I will have to do some exploring before I make my decision!

On a good note I am enjoying vacation in the greater San Francisco area! Sunday we went to Alcatraz! It was really interesting! We also went to Fisherman's Wharf that day and Pier 39. Yesterday we went to the ocean--we went to a place called Point Reyes. If you've ever been, we went to the lighthouse. We climbed teh equivalent of 30 flights of stairs! Well needless to say, THAT was a humbling experience! Why wasn't anyone else huffing and puffing? I know it can't be because I am out of shape! Yikes!

I'm coming home on Thursday, so I will be posting and reading more then. I just had a moment to read/post. Take care! Stacy

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 12:17pm
Yeah, this will be pretty weird for a while.

I guess we'll adjust, huh?

Pages