Tough Session Today -

iVillage Member
Tough Session Today -
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 2:39pm
I just had my session this afternoon - normally I go at night so that I can come home and chill out but had to change my times because Im going away for a few days. I was suppose to go back to work afterwards - which I did but could only manage 30 mins. My stomach is in a complete cramp. I was telling my T that Ive been having a lot of anxiety and a sense of sadness - probably bc it was this time of year that everything happened. We somehow got on this tangent about my past relationships. Oh boy - I hate this topic!! It is something that I REALLY need to work on but it is SO hard. Especially when it comes to talking about sex. I just want to crawl under the rug. About 80% of the time I can not have an adult conversation about it - I need to be really grounded - and boy - today was NOT the day for it. She asked a bunch of personal things that has left me feeling pretty unsettled. As much as I want to be able to work on these issues - it is unbearable for me to talk about. I am suppose to go away tomorrow for a long weekend but right now Im just not up to it. UGH I HATE IT - I HATE IT _ I HATE IT!
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 6:28pm
I know what you are talking about. Every time I left my counselors office I felt like I have been punched in the stomache. I can't eat supper or anything afterward. How long have you been going? It isn't so bad for me anymore. Once I finally told EVERYthing and quit dancing around the tough issues things changed. I felt worse at first. Then a session later I told my boyfriend about all of it and after that I felt MUCH better. It was like I had told everyone everything that needed telling and I no longer had that anxiety about how to tell them or how they would react. I no longer felt like I had to remember every detail in order to be able to tell them everything and make them understand. It was like it was finally over with and I could start getting over it myself. I hope you can find the strength to say what needs to be said and hopefully things will get easier for you too.

God Bless,

LilBit
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 8:16am
I hear ya Tonya--the topic of relationships and sex is unbearable to me, as well. It throws me way off kilter. I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't make it at work, but on the other hand--that's okay. You took care of you and that's really what is important. How are you feeling today? I hope that the unsettled feeling has passed, or at least you were able to put those feelings in a safe place until you could deal with them. Therapy can be so overwhelming...

Take care, Stacy