repost from old board--new here

iVillage Member
repost from old board--new here
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 8:00pm
NEW HERE

I've never posted here, but i'm trying to find more support. I was raped in december, and i'm in therapy, on meds, but i just feel like i'm getting worse.

I feel like i will never get better, that i'll never be the person i was. Now i'm upset all the time, my anxiety is thru the roof, and i can hardly function

i just want to feel alive again

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 9:08pm
Hi- I'm so sorry that happened to you. You must have been terrified. I think you are so brave to reach out for help. This is a good place to come- the girls here are really good people. So, please feel welcome and post as much as you need to.

I think you will feel like yourself again- it will take time though. Healing seems to take place in its own time.

I hope you find comfort tonight.

Becky

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 11:07pm
Welcome, budafly! I'm glad you found the new board. I hope you'll stick around. Healing is possible!! (((hugs)))
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 8:12am
Welcome to the board. I'm very sorry to hear that you have had to go through such terror. I think it's really great, though, that you are in therapy. I think that is such a pivotal piece of healing, IMHO. Of course, as we all know, that doesn't make it easy. Hopefully, coming here will provide you with another piece of support for the journey you have ahead of you. It really is a wonderful place to come for support.

You say that your anxieties are through the roof--understandably so. Is this something for which you want to try medicine? Medicine won't fix it, of course, but it may help you get through the beginning of this. Just a thought. I agree that it took a lot of courage for you to reach out. That alone is not easy.

Again, welcome & please post as often as you want and need to. Take care, Stacy