I DID IT!!! :)

iVillage Member
I DID IT!!! :)
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 9:08pm
I went to the dr. and asked for a referral for a T w/ experience of SA. Mostly i went about the postpartum depression, but i still managed to tell him what i needed! He also gave me paxil to try to help with the depression. Does anyone here have any experience with paxil? I'm hoping the medication will lift me up a bit (although i'm skeptical) but i still have to make the big call and find a T. Still, baby steps are going to get me there!

-jennie
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 11:35pm
Great! I'm so happy for you! I know how hard that must have been & you did it anyway! Woo-hoo! I don't have experience w/Paxil, but I do with zoloft. It really helped me when I needed it. I took it for a year and a half and have been off of it for about 6 mos or so now.
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 11:53pm
I don't think I've introduced myself, yet, but I could have (this board is so new and I'm not quite used to it!). :) I'm Stacy.

That is wonderful that you took care of you by asking for a referral! That's awesome! As you know, asking for assistance from others can be such a challenge; at least it is for me! You have a lot to be proud of for doing that!

I have not tried Paxil, but have tried many other things! I have only heard good things about it, though. I have an aunt & cousin who both take it.

Take care, Stacy

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 2:41am
Hey! Congratulations! That was such a

huge step. It really takes a lot of

courage, huh? I never took paxil,

but I took zoloft and it made me

throw up a lot. pretty much everything

has except for celexa, which is what

I'm on now. Nice to meet you, and

good luck with the first steps.

Valerie