**HAPPY FRIDAY**

iVillage Member
**HAPPY FRIDAY**
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 11:41pm
For those of you who are new to the board, the happy friday post is where we try to find one good thing from our week--no matter how small. The recovery journey is long and difficult, so it's good for us to stop and smell the roses on a regular basis! So, what was good about *your* week?

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 11:49pm
I don't know what day this was posted b/c I sure can't see the date on the original post! So, I'm going to pretend it's for Friday, March 28th. :) Happy Friday--I made it to and back from San Fran without any major traumas! I was feeling quite anxious about flying, the war and being away from home--lots of major, stressful things going on. I don't usually get anxious about flying, but with the war I think I was just generally more anxious. I made it through all my flights without too much trouble!

One reason this Friday is happy is b/c I got to see a really good friend who lives north of San Fran! She used to live in the same town as I do, as well as being a teacher at the same school. She moved last summer, so it was wonderful to see her again!

I'm still not used to this board system--it causes me stress, but I'm not going to give up yet!

Take care, Stacy

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 7:51am

This week I was able to do some of the small petty things that have been annoying me like cleaning the apt, getting things organized. I saw my P doc yesterday and I managed to be truthful (not hiding or minimizing) about how I've been doing and feeling.

Kari

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 7:54am
Kari,

That is wonderful that you were able to do that. It takes a lot to be honest with ourselves, much less others. It's always nice (after the fact) to get those little jobs done...

Take care, Stacy

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 10:52am
I had the week off, and I didn't overeat. That's big for me. I usually have trouble when I'm at home a lot. But, so far, so good. I also had a lot of fun, considering the war and everything. I took the kids to the zoo and the movies, and we went for a couple of runs/bike rides. I did hurt my foot, though, and I'm going to the doctor today to find out what's wrong. I think it's tendinitis in my achilles tendon. It hurts! And I'm so bummed about it because I've been running so regularly. I am trying to stay positive, though, and as soon as it feels better, I'm heading back out there.
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 10:54am
I got a lot accomplished this week. Actually stayed sane through Spring Break *NOT easy to do with for kids and ex here all week*

House isn't totally annihilated.. and I'm treating myself to a day off... I'm relaxing today. Bubble bath here in a few.. and taking time for me.

I might not be feeling up to par (the whole sinus/allergies thing due to pollen being so high right now) BUT...

I'm not going to let it get me down :) AND.. I also know.. that I am me again.. which is nice.. sounds confusing I know.. but I think I finally let go of the fact that I'm not going to get closure from STBX.. and that's okay, and I am okay with it. I'm not upset over it. Anniversary came and went last week.. and know what.. I didn't cry.. I laughed the ENTIRE day.. thanks to some VERY good friends...

I'm also learning that needing help isn't a sign of weakness and neither is being vulnerable... just means that sometimes I need help.. and have to ask for it (which I am getting a LOT better at) and being vulnerable.. well that means I am human.. :)

Jennifer

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 10:54am
Well, I've gotten to spend lots of time with my daughter as she is on Spring Break. Also, I have not been sad this week. Overall, I feel pretty good.

Becky

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 12:43pm
Boy, the whole minimizing thing- no kidding! I do that too. Things will be bothering me terribly and somehow when I walk into her office, I'm not able to express myself honestly.

I'm really proud of you. That took a lot of courage!

Becky

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 4:26pm
what was good about my week? Well, i finally went to the dr! And tonight i'm taking dh out for dinner for his b-day (the first time since having ds last august!)

-jennie
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 5:42pm
I hope your foot is okay! Good for you for doing so well this week! That is wonderful! :) Stacy
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 6:38pm
That's awesome! Asking for help can be so difficult for us survivors! Great job!

Pages