Arrgghhh...I can't stand this!

iVillage Member
Arrgghhh...I can't stand this!
Sun, 03-30-2003 - 12:40pm
I don't know if it's because school is starting again tomorrow or the fact that my dad keeps asking me things through my sister (b/c IMHO he knows it is difficult for me to say no to her) or just because!, but I am having a really rough time this weekend. I feel angry, confused, frustrated, sad, guilty...and I don't want to feel those things! There is more I would like to say, but a post isn't the place. I don't know why I even did post. Thanks for reading, though...stacy
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-30-2003 - 1:30pm
Hugs to you Stacy. This seems like such a rough time.

I was wondering as I read your post if perhaps you're parenting yourself right now the way you were parented. Did your mom want to shut you off when you were upset? If so, did that make you feel better or worse? See, you may find it far more valuable and loving to sit still and listen to these feelings. Ask within why these feelings are so upfront for you rather than assuming what their reasons are. You may find quite a bit of information this way and these inner parts may find a great deal of comfort by your attention rather than you're dismissal and upset. KWIM?

I hope things can settle down for you soon. This sounds very distressing.

**gentle hugs**

Gail