I need a show of hands...

iVillage Member
I need a show of hands...
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 9:05am
Who's still having trouble navigating the new board? What specific issues, if any, are you still experiencing?

I'd like to take this information and share it with the iVillage team so we can get some help if we need it.

Thanks!

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-05-2003 - 9:32pm
I'm doing fine with the format, although I still like the old one better. I haven't had any major issues with this one; it just took some time to get used to. I'm naturally resistant to change, so I fully expected to feel that way.

One thing I do like is that when you are responding to a post, that post is on your screen under where you're typing. That's really handing when you're addressing more than one issue or question in the post! I also really like the avatars.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 7:35pm
I'm still not thrilled with the new boad setup. Maybe because I only have weekends free and I don't spend that much time on the board anymore, I'm not adjusting well. I just find that it's too difficult to navigate. I really liked the feature on the old board where you could see all the responses to a post by title and author. For me it seems to take too long to check out an entire weeks activity. With the old board it was easier to see what I've missed and try to play catch up. I'm not doing so great now.
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 8:47am
Here's what was written in a cheat sheet I posted (called Tips & Tricks) describing friends:

"Friends:

While you are reading someone’s post, you may notice that there is an option that says “add to friends” under their name on the left side of the screen. Click on that and they will be added to your friends list. This feature gives everyone on your friends list a little face with a blue hat icon by their name when they post. This way, you’ll be able to see when your friend has posted. To see your friends list, just go into your profile and click the tab that says “friends”."

Let me know if you're still unclear.

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 8:08am

Hmm...How do I access the friends list? I can't seem to find it.

Kari

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 1:41am
I seem to be doing OK. It's not what I'm used to, but as I said before--I'm no stranger to change! For me, change is the norm. :-) 13 moves in 13 years will do that to you!

But if others are having trouble, please let me know & I'll try my best to help!

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 11:34pm

I feel pretty good about the boards so far. It took me a while and I had to play around in it. Get lost on purpose and then find my way 'back' to where I wanted to be. That helped.

However...I never really checked out the archives. I didn't really see a point of reading the archives. I liked the archive page of the old boards but it was hard and it took forever to find specific posts unless I remembered the number or the approximate date. In the new archive I think it's neat how we can look up posts related to a certain subject or things of that nature. I do have something to comment on...Same as Greenjeanz I believe, you can only go back one year using the search. I'd like to know how to go back further. Uhmmm...Gail, check your email. Oh, now that I don't have ivillage email I thought I'd let you gals know my email. It's Chameleonical@yahoo.com

I personally think navigating on these boards are a bit easier than the old ones. For some reason, I think there was something I didn't know about the old board which made navigating pretty tedious for me.

Kari

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 8:45pm
Thanks for asking, too,Gail. I feel the same way about the outline view, which is opened in a new window. Then when you click on a message IT opens a new window, etc. Then I ask myself if part of my problem is that I just get generally upset about change period? I don't know. I did like the old board and how it was easily navigable. With so many other things so difficult in my life, I would like this to be easy! :) Stacy

Again--thank you very much for caring enough to ask our opinions!

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 7:21pm
I am not really liking this new forum. It's not as clear as the one before. I really liked the old sight, because you could see everything with no problem. But, that's my only qualms about it. Otherwise I'm sure I'll probably get used to it. :-/
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 4:21pm
I'm fairly frustrated...but mostly because I didn't bother to do the tutorial and/or take the time to figure it out. So my own fault, really. I guess my feedback would be that it is not easy to navigate "intuitively"...

Jill

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 4:12pm
Thanks, Gail, for reassuring me about the archives. I spent some time clicking the "more" link, which does indeed lead to older archived messages. You're right, it seems like they're all there. I guess the search feature only goes through messages dating back a year or so. Instead of searching for my username, I tried some keywords that appear often in subject lines - like "trigger" and "dream" and "new" - and every single time the search results stopped at March or April of 2002. It's nice to know that the archives are there, but it would be even better if they were easier to navigate. I really miss that page with the numbered archived boards! Thanks again for your reassurance. Just knowing that the archives are there, even if they aren't completely searchable, is a big relief to me.

Pages