Fighting to stay present

iVillage Member
Fighting to stay present
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 1:18pm
I'm having a rough day today.. finding myself triggered... and wanting to run and hide mentally, and fighting it..

About an hour ago I went on "full alert" and can't figure out why.. to the point where I physically have a headache from being over alert...Moods are bouncing ALL over the place, which is par for course, for when I get like this.

I was doing pretty good or so I thought... up until today.. about being okay with everything, and out of T.

*sigh* I guess I'm not that okay.

I know I probably need to do D/nd handwriting to see if I can't figure out what is going on.. but IMHO you should only do that if you feel you are perfectly safe where you are... I don't.

I haven't had a panic attack in months, and yet here I am... trying to fight one off... trying not to cry..

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 9:31am
As you might suspect, I respectfully disagree about what you said is the "right" time to do D/N-D writing. Jennifer, you ARE safe, you just don't feel safe. Therefore, the writing is a way of helping those parts of you who are feeling unsafe know to their truth.

Just my thoughts. I hope you're feeling better today.

**gentle hugs**

Gail

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 10:07am
I hope you can work through it soon! ((((hugs))))
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 9:07pm
No Gail.

It's not just that I don't feel safe...

How I wish that were the case...

/sigh