*****Happy Friday******

iVillage Member
*****Happy Friday******
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 7:05am
Where did this week go?! It seemed to just fly by. Maybe that's b/c April 15th is right around the corner and I haven't done jack about my taxes. Yikes!!

So, what good things happened for you this week? What made you smile? I know it's hard to see outside our pain but sometimes it helps to climb out of the wound and breathe in some of the goodness life offers us.

Have a great day!

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 10:07am
Nothing major happened this week, but I did feel happy all week. Wow--I felt happy all week. What a nice thing to be able to say. I had a great weekend last weekend & have a few little plans for this weekend. Going to a carnival with some friends tonight. I had a really good time volunteering in my kids' school yesterday, which was good because lately it's felt like a chore. I think the thing I'm happiest about is that the POW, Jessica Lynch, was rescued. HOORAY!!! What a hero!!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 11:05am
Ditto about Jessica Lynch. I'm so thrilled she was rescued. I hope the other prisoners have the same positive ending.

My week was okay. I can tell I'm a bit dissociated lately. I'll be glad when my T gets back and we can return to our normal schedule. The one thing that makes me feel really good is watching everything come to life. I love this time of year.

Aside from that I guess I can always look to my kids to make me smile. My ODD is getting so much better these days (she struggles with an eating disorder). And the other two kids just crack me up. It's awesome for me to watch my son finally buckling down to do his homework. He's very conscientious these days. He has lacrosse practice everyday after school and then he goes to play practice at one of the private girl's schools. He comes home around 8:00 and jumps right to his homework. After all these years, I thought this day would never come. My YDD is practicing for her 8th grade play. It's more of a lip-syncing talent show than a play but it's fun to watch these kids practice together. They seem to be having a great time with it.

When it comes to Happy Friday, I always think of my friends, too. They've been a blessing that I never want to take for granted. We laugh so hard together and I know they genuinely care. This is really nice b/c I need them so much.

Okay, that's it for me. Have a great weekend everyone!

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 7:48pm
Afer a really difficult start to the week I finally settled down. I took my YDD for an assitive technology assessment yesterday and they showed us some really cool stuff that I think will make her life easier (mine too). Now we just need to get the school to provide it. I don't think that will be much of a problem though.

I'm getting a really nasty cold and stayed home from work today, but I got quite a bit done on one of my final projects for my Docment Processing class; that is a big relief. I still have a couple of projects to complete, but knowing I have one almost done feels great.

Now I'm off to read some of the posts and see what is going on.

Jean

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 8:49pm
It is Friday, so that makes me happy just right there! Not that I don't enjoy my job, but it's really nice for a weekend. :) Yesterday I had a good session with my T which was a really good thing b/c I was struggling greatly prior to that. My dad and stepmother are divorcing and my youngest sister is choosing to be with him right now, which drives me MAD! So, I'm trying to remind myself that I know she's physically safe and I can't do anything about him manipulating the situation. Again--very glad it's Friday! Take care, Stacy
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 9:44pm
It's been a long time since I posted or had time to read any of the messages. I was shocked at the new look but very quickly tested a few things and found it easy to navigate witht he outline view.

For my week I would have to say it has been good. I have been on break from my T for some time now-11weeks. It is going great! I am able to deal witht he emotions that come up. Had a 2 1/2 month break from group and it has started back up again and I am glad to have it back. Was hard to take a break fro both T and group, but I made it. I will be going to see my Psych this next week to talk about sleep and anxiety. He said when I went off the Zoloft I might experience anxiety and we could take care of that if it came up. I've been off hte Zoloft since Nov and feel great. just a minor amoutn of anxiety but have had some near misses with anxiety attacks.

Had a great week, next week will be even better since it is Spriong Break here. No work and no students.

I just wanted to check in and say to everyone-----Take care adn be safe!

Hummingbird wings AKA HBW :-)