Confused, upset, rambling...

iVillage Member
Confused, upset, rambling...
Sun, 04-13-2003 - 1:55am
I know this is going to end up rambling, so please consider yourself warned on that note! :) This may trigger, as well.

I have not been able to shake this feeling I've had for quite some time now. Usually the more depressed and anxious feelings come and go-up and down the proverbial roller coaster. But my anxieties and panic feelings seem to be at an all-time high since all of this mess started (meaning since I remembered the abuse). I try to think about possible reasons it is hitting me so hard and often right now. I remembered the abuse two years ago this month. I'm sure that could be part of it. My dad (who is my abuser) and stepmom are divorcing after 18 years of marriage and my little sister would rather live with my dad. That alone sends me reeling.

It's to the point where I have to force myself when I do go somewhere besides work. I feel like I'm on auto-pilot, but on a collision course at the same time.

I don't know what the point of this post is. I guess it was just to put these thoughts on "paper". Stacy

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-13-2003 - 1:03pm
(((Stacy))) What kinds of things are you doing to try to get over the anxiety? Have you ever considered medication? How about yoga? Other exercise? Just some ideas for you. I know that anxiety is awful to deal with. I hope it passes soon.
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-13-2003 - 9:47pm
Thanks for your thoughts and feedback. Here are the things I presently use and/or have in the past:

I take Zoloft for the depression mostly, but it does help with the anxiety as well. Journaling is very helpful. The best thing I can do when it is happening, though, is simply breathing and focusing on something that is in my every day life--the trees lining the street, a picture on my wall, etc. The thing is--and I'm sure you understand this--if I don't catch it quickly, it's really hard to get myself "back". It turns into panic. :( I sometimes play music that is meditative and/or relaxing. I go to my room and shut the door when I can. Some of these things are working, but not as well as they have in the past.

Thanks again for responding--I really appreciate it! Stacy