I Can't even think

iVillage Member
I Can't even think
Sun, 04-20-2003 - 12:29am
This guy is really terrifying me. THe one that i've been posting about, who I was

dumb enough to tell my secret to... while everyone else is touching me and following me with their eyes he does this thing... this... "I'm worried about you" thing. He says things that make me so angry. Like he's trying to get me to believe he wouldn't hurt me and GOD I know it's just a big ploy. An act. and It pisses me off because I keep wondering, Why would he want to waste his time on me? it's so cruel. I'm tired of people falsifying feelings so that they can establish easy access to the naive-easily-targetable-stupid girl. There's no way this can be happening again. Not now. I think I hate him.

valerie
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-20-2003 - 9:49am
This man has not given you any signs of hurting you except he says he cares about you, right? Could it be you're confusing him for your abuser? Perhaps that statement triggers some very deeply rooted feelings from your past and how your abuser manipulated you. It could be good to deal with this issue in your therapy b/c it would be ashame to feel so hostile to all the people who say they care for you. I'm sort of going through the same thing with my bf right now. As soon as he said he cared for me and that he loved me, I freaked. My suspicions and defenses went on high alert, like yours. Please, talk to your T about this if you haven't already. There's probably some great healing work for you in this situation.

**gentle hugs**

Gail

Edited 4/20/2003 10:48:56 AM ET by cl-opal45