Silly Saturday/Sunday!

iVillage Member
Silly Saturday/Sunday!
Sat, 04-26-2003 - 11:27am
1. Who's your favorite: Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger, or Piglet?

2. What did you want to be when you grew up?

3. What do you want to be when you grow up some more? :-)

4. What's your favorite song to sing along to when no one else is listening?

5. What's your favorite flower?

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-26-2003 - 11:32am
Pooh Bear.

A teacher and writer. (Which I am!)

A published novelist. (Which I hope to be!)

Right now, it's the Dixie Chicks' Travelin' Soldier. I know! How melodramatic can I get? LOL I also love "Long Time Gone" and "Cowboy, Take Me Away!" and "Wide Open Spaces." They really seem to sing my life themes! (For the first one, dh is out at sea right now in the war, and for the remaining three--they're all about a girl who grows up and moves far away to find her own space in life.)

Daffodils, because dh used to buy me bouquets of them when we were in college. I loved them! They look to me like they are singing, or speaking out some great truth. I love that!

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-26-2003 - 5:43pm
1. Tigger is definitely my fave!

2. I always wanted to be a teacher--and I am!

3. I want to be a college professor, teaching future teachers. I also want to work in, run, or own a bookstore.

4. "One Day More" (or is it "One More Day") from the Les Miserables soundtrack!

5. My favorite flower is the daisy. :)

Stacy

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-26-2003 - 9:50pm
My turn:

1. Who's your favorite: Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger, or Piglet? Tigger!

2. What did you want to be when you grew up? A nurse until I discovered my weak stomach during high school health class.

3. What do you want to be when you grow up some more? :-) ROFLOL! I love that! I want to go back to school to be a counselor. Having been through therapy myself now, the idea of helping others that way really turns me on. Have to get my master's, so will probably get my bachelor's in elementary education first.

4. What's your favorite song to sing along to when no one else is listening? I don't know! I love to sing and it really just depends on what's going through my head!

5. What's your favorite flower? Another one that's hard for me to narrow down; I love it when my husband brings me roses. I love the scent of lilacs, and I adore pansies. They look like little faces and make me smile. If I had to choose just one it would probably be the pansies.

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-26-2003 - 11:41pm
1. Who's your favorite: Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger, or Piglet? The hyper one - Tigger!

2. What did you want to be when you grew up? A police officer but being Deaf is an awful big disadvantage.

3. What do you want to be when you grow up some more? :-) Honestly, I don't know...

4. What's your favorite song to sing along to when no one else is listening? Whitney Houston's popular song from Bodyguard. For some reason I can't think of the name of it!!!

5. What's your favorite flower? Flowers aren't my thing since so many of them kill my allergies and trigger my asthma.

Question about plants, if ya don't mind. I've been looking for this plant for ages and my mother thinks I'm nuts but I swear my grandmother had this when I was a kid. I don't know the name of it obviously but what I remember of it is it was entirely green. It had long stalk-like stems. And from those stems were like leaves that were very narrow and 1/2 to 1 inch long. When you touched the stem, the leaves in that area would kind of close up. If you left it alone, the leaves would open back up. Anybody got an ideas as to what it could have been? Thanks in advance :)

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-27-2003 - 4:04am
I don't know, but there's something in Hawaii that's similar. It's a grass, though. The kids call it "sleepy grass" because when you touch it, it curls up and goes to sleep. :o}
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-27-2003 - 10:14am
Yeah, that might be it! The leaves are actually more like grass. Any chance you can find out the name of it? Thanks! I knew I didn't make up this plant!
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-27-2003 - 11:48am
I don't know if this is it or not, but I did a search and found the name "stipa robusta." Everyone here just calls it sleepy grass, though! :-) It looks sort of like grass and sort of like a tiny fern.
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-28-2003 - 11:09pm
1. Who's your favorite: Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger, or Piglet? Eeyore

2. What did you want to be when you grew up? When I was very young I wanted to be a nurse. In my teens I wanted to be a social worker or psychologist.

3. What do you want to be when you grow up some more? :-) A writer

4. What's your favorite song to sing along to when no one else is listening? Whatever song I've heard that day and that is going through my head.

5. What's your favorite flower? Lilac

Precia

Precia

Cl-Families and Mental Illness