new here

iVillage Member
new here
Tue, 04-29-2003 - 10:31am
hi my name is laura, ,and im new here. i dont know where to start, all i know is that i needed to find a place i couldtalk to people who have been threw simalar things as i have. im an sa survivor from as far back as i can remeber. at age 5 i started realizing what was happening to me wasnt normal, but wasnt sure why. to this day i know of something that are very clear to me, others that are not, sometimes i will rember something that scares me to death and try to hide from it ,and i actualy forget about it, until my husband tells me about what i told him. i know that i had several abusers, including a cop, and i am just now realizing that there was also some saitanic sexual abuse as well but i dont recall much of it and that terrifies me. im also bipolar so sometimes i wonder what i rember is actualy things that happened or things in my mind. these past few days has beenso very hard on me, my husband is also an sa survivor and bipolar as well. plus we have three teens on top of that. i feel so totaly confused and out of countrol. these past few days i dont know up from down or visa versa . thank you for letting me post here and vent a little.
iVillage Member
In reply to: lauraanimal
Tue, 04-29-2003 - 12:15pm
Welcome, Laura! I can certainly relate to the feelings you're talking about. There have been many times when I've felt overwhelmed by it all. I'm glad you found us & I hope you'll find lots of healing here!
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-29-2003 - 9:23pm
thanks for the welcome, and sorry to say, glad to know know someone else knows what im going threw.
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-01-2003 - 11:59am
Hello, and welcome to the board. I have been posting here for a few months and have found it to be very helpful. Everyone here is really nice and supportive.

You have definitely been through some terrible things. I hope that you find comfort here.

Have you seen a counselor about your SA? Counseling has also been helpful for me. I was also wondering if you are on any meds for the BP. There is a BP board here at ivillage that is very good (I checked it out while we were trying to figure out my dx) as well. Medication for anxiety has really helped to keep me evened out during the healing process. There are such strong feelings to go through, and I have had some major anxiety triggers.

My husband is also an SA survivor; I have been grateful for that because he understands the feelings. Do you find that to be the case with your husband?

I hope to hear more from you.

{{{healing, welcoming hugs}}}

Heidi

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-04-2003 - 7:33am
hi breakinfree,

yes i did see a councler however we just reciently moved here so we are in search of a new one, yes i take loads of meds, and yes and no on my husband understanding.....lol he does on most things, but is hard for him to be there for me when i need him the most because of his sa, wich makes it very difficult at times, but thats ok i love him any...."i think" lol no i realy do. yes i have been to the bp board as well and like it there as well. thank you for your welcome and making me feel at ease here.

laura