*****HAPPY****FRIDAY*******

iVillage Member
*****HAPPY****FRIDAY*******
Fri, 05-02-2003 - 11:04am
For those of you who are new to the board, the "happy friday" post is where we share something good from our week. Recovery is hard work--it can be tempting to give it up. This is our way of trying to stay positive. :o}
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-02-2003 - 11:14am
It's the end of the semester for me. Pretty soon--SUMMER!!! But before summer comes, I have an entire month off before my kids are out of school. Can anyone say MOMMY TIME???? I am giddy at the prospect of that much time. I'm thinking--I get to watch what I want on TV, listen to the radio station I want to listen to instead of Radio Disney, go shopping for new bras (which I need!) . . . and just whatever!!!

But that's what's coming, not this past week. This past week I've just been looking forward to that! LOL

I guess I've just been enjoying the fruits of recovery lately. I've become a more social person than I ever dreamed possible. I look at my schedule & think of the week that's gone by, and it amazes me how many people are in my life now. How did that happen? When I moved here one year ago, it was with a new year's resolution to make ONE new friend while I lived here. We'll live here for 18 months, and I was going to try hard to make *one new friend.* Now, not a day goes by when I'm not talking on the phone to people, going out to dinner, visiting someone, having someone over. It's just non-stop . . . and I love it. I am really starting to feel as if I have a normal life. I used to be so afraid of people. It used to drain my energy to be with people. I found it exhausting. Now, it feels normal. I never thought this was possible!