**HAPPY FRIDAY**

iVillage Member
**HAPPY FRIDAY**
Fri, 05-09-2003 - 6:37pm
Please share something joyful from your week! While we're doing the hard work of recovery, it's important to take care of ourselves by stopping to smell the roses!
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-09-2003 - 7:31pm
It's been a while since I've popped in. I was having technical difficulties for the longest time, which seemed to be caused by the new board format, so I took a long break. I guess the technical difficulties are over, at least for the moment.

Can I brag a little? If I mentioned this already, I apologize. I've been eager to break into writing for children, and I recently collected my first "clip" in that genre. Wanna see it? Here's a link. My article is on the right side of the page, the one about the guy who climbed Mount Everest.

http://www.hullabaloomagazine.com/pages/magpages/newzb.html

Today I got a few more assignments from a local newspaper. My friend is the managing editor, and I like working with him.

I also made an appointment with a company that's conducting clinical trials for a drug that they hope will be successful in treating Irritable Bowel Syndrome. If you're not familiar with IBS, it can be painful and embarrassing, and I have it. I'll spare you the disgusting details, but basically, I spend more time in the bathroom than most people. Though I've never participated in a clinical trial before, I think it could be an interesting and valuable experience. I'm also hoping to find something that'll get me out of the bathroom!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Take care,

GreenJeanz

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-10-2003 - 12:26am
Hi greenjeanz, I've been away for a long time too. Welcome back to both of us. Great job on your article, that is so exciting. By the way, my daughter has IBS also, and has been taking Elavil (actually an anti-depressant) that is been newly discovered to help IBS. She's been on it one month and she is considerable improved. Just a thought.
iVillage Member
Sat, 05-10-2003 - 1:26am
GREAT JOB! I loved the article! They do a really nice layout, too. I hope this leads to many more clips for you! It's really exciting to have your work published, isn't it? I'm really glad you popped in. I was wondering what happened to you & I lost your email address.

I hope the technical problems don't come back & that you're able to keep posting.

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-10-2003 - 1:36am
I'm happy because for the first time in I don't know how long, my PMS seems to be under control. I started on prozac Monday, and I feel so NORMAL. Thank God! The next week or so will be the real test, but usually by this point in my cycle I'm cranky, stressed, and anxious. I'm exactly the opposite of those things right now. I am so happy. I just hope it holds through the week. :o}
iVillage Member
Sun, 05-11-2003 - 1:23am
It's Saturday, but I'll post mine anyway; especially because both my kids did sweet things today.

We were going to see the new X-men movie today, but unexpectedly had to spend $350.00 fixing the car yesterday. My 12-yo son, who until last week had a paper route, told my husband that he wanted to buy tickets for the family so we could go.

Then afterward we stopped at Wal-Mart for a couple of groceries, and my 10-yo daughter secretly bought me a rose for Mother's Day (my husband already had gifts for the kids to give me tomorrow). She also bought one for our neighbor who had her first baby about three months ago.

It really touched me to see my kids act so thoughtfully on their own. No one prompted them or made the suggestions. On days like this I feel like I'm doing okay in the parenting department. When they do thoughtful acts for others it brings me more joy than I can describe.

Heidi

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-11-2003 - 2:25am
That is so sweet of both of them!