Need support

iVillage Member
Need support
Fri, 05-23-2003 - 11:34am
Having a tough time. Got lots of medical issues to deal with including diabetes, depression and a broken shoulder. Feeling really depressed even on meds. Thinking about death a lot, but not suicidal. Tired of being sad. Tired of being sick. Tired of everything. Feeling really yucky. Could use lots of kind words.
iVillage Member
In reply to: julikay
Fri, 05-23-2003 - 2:09pm
You came to the right place. (((((((julikay)))))))) We all need support sometimes. Just remember--this, too, shall pass. You will feel good again.

Can I ask you something? You mentioned diabetes. Are you struggling with compulsive overeating? I know that when I am depressed, compulsive overeating is a huge problem for me. I joined overeater's anonymous last October, and I am finding MUCH healing there. About half the people I've met through OA are sexual abuse survivors. It's amazing what difference 12 little steps can make. I lost about 15 lbs from last May to last October, and now a total of 36 lbs since last May. (The pounds came off more quickly with OA.) But the funny thing is that it's not really about the weight anymore. It's about my sense of well-being. I could go on, but I'll wait to hear back from you.

Even if COE isn't your issue, we are here to support you. I believe in recovery. If I didn't, I wouldn't be here. (((hugs)))

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-23-2003 - 6:16pm
No, actually sometimes underweight. That's the weird thing with me, young (44), not overweight, eat right, exercise, and need insulin - just lucky. Anyway, thanks for responding. I know this will pass, just wish I knew when.
iVillage Member
Sat, 05-24-2003 - 5:01pm
((((julikay))))

Welcome to the board here! It sounds like you are dealing with an awful lot right now. I also deal with depression, so I know what it feels like. It's even worse when I'm sick or recuperating from an injury. You just get sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Do you have friends and/or family close by for support? Just having someone to talk to can make a big difference. I know a lot of times when I'm feeling this way, though, I don't FEEL like talking to anyone, even though that's what I need!

I like curling up with a good book or treating myself to a craft project when I'm feeling this way. What kinds of things do you enjoy doing? I usually have to push myself to go for a walk outside, but when I do I feel better.

Please know that you can come here any time for support. It really helps just to talk about things! I hope you start feeling better soon. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Love, Heidi

HeidiRose

co-cl, Sexual Abuse Healing Board