HAPPY FRIDAY--share

iVillage Member
HAPPY FRIDAY--share
Fri, 05-23-2003 - 11:19pm
This is the place to share something happy from your week. Can be recovery-related, but doesn't have to be. Could be anything that brought a smile to your face!

Have a good weekend, everyone!

Heidi

HeidiRose

co-cl, Sexual Abuse Healing Board

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-24-2003 - 12:17pm
I'm late--but that's ok! :o} I'm happy this week because I am. I'm just happy. I'm eating abstinently, there are friends in my life, I can feel my feelings--and I feel very normal. !!!

Now I just hope it lasts! LOL

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-24-2003 - 5:20pm
Have to share both of these, although they actually happened at the end of LAST week!

Both my children were in the play "Beauty and the Beast" last Thursday. My dd (age 10)played one of the maids in the castle who became enchanted objects after the sorceress's visit. dd turned into a broom. During the times she was on stage when she wasn't speaking a line, she was moving in sweeping motions like a broom. Then we noticed she started picking things up. At the end of the play they turn back into regular people. After the play all the kids stood on the steps of the stange to receive their "Academy Awards." dd had feathers, streamers, etc. tucked into her maid's hat hanging down her face. We kept motioning to her to take all the crap out of her hat. She mouthed "I know!" several times and put her hands on her hips. My husband asked her later why she had all that stuff in her hat. She asked why we wanted her to take them out. He said that he personally didn't think it looked nice, but if she thought it did then he guessed that was all right. She said (in a "duh" tone of voice), "Well, DAD, I was a broom for a hundred years, so when I turned back into a human there would be stuff all over me!" I about died laughing when he told me what she said. It made perfect sense the way she explained it. I dare say that no one has ever taken the role of a broom more seriously!

The other cute thing happened last Saturday at my 3-yo niece's birthday party. My sister-in-law said that Haylee had been asking every day for several weeks if it was her birthday. SIL would say, "Not yet!" That morning she woke Haylee up by whispering, "Happy Birthday, Haylee!" Haylee cracked her eyes open a bit and sleepily said, "Not yet, Mom." SIL said, "Yes, it is, Haylee! Today's your birthday!" Haylee opened her eyes wide and said, "You mean yet came?" How cute is that!?

Happy weekend, everyone! Heidi

HeidiRose

co-cl, Sexual Abuse Healing Board