Friday Share!

iVillage Member
Friday Share!
Fri, 05-30-2003 - 11:55am
something happy from your week. Can be a victory with recovery, watched a favorite movie, anything that made you smile!
HeidiRose

co-cl, Sexual Abuse Healing Board

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-30-2003 - 4:41pm
I played with my 4 1/2 yr old great niece Lexxy on the computer with some games and we had a lot of fun. She was being a silly goose and we did alot of laughing. I also watched 3 favorite movies of mine last night- The Cable Guy, Clueless and Coyote Ugly. Even though this last week has been hell for me with flashbacks and depression and suicidal feelings it felt good to be able to laugh a bit in between the crying. Andrea
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-30-2003 - 7:27pm
I got an email this morning that let me know that in a contest between 100 international poets, a poem I entered won 4th place. I'm pretty thrilled by that!
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-30-2003 - 9:12pm
Andrea,

I'm glad you were able to have some happy times with all that has been going on for you! Sounds like you have a sweet relationship with your great niece; I love the name Lexxy!

Clueless is one of my favorite movies--haven't seen it in awhile. It makes me laugh every time. Another favorite of mine is Legally Blonde.

Hope your weekend is a good one--

Love, Heidi

HeidiRose

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-30-2003 - 9:17pm
Whoo-hoo! Congratulations! That is a wonderful accomplishment! You SHOULD feel proud of yourself. I'm sure that made your day!

Don't know if you noticed, but I started a "creative expressions" thread under the Pick Me Up folder--maybe you would be willing to share some of your poetry here? I don't have that talent, but I've noticed since joining here that others like yourself do. It would be neat to have a collection all in one place.

Hope your weekend's a good one--Love, Heidi

HeidiRose

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-31-2003 - 2:19am
I would *love* to post my poetry here, but I'm afraid I can't. I know some people write for themselves or for friends--but I'm actually trying to publish my work. If I post it here, it's considered "published" and it's therefore not eligible for publication in most other places. I would be happy to send my work privately via email to anyone who was interested, and whenever I have a piece that's published online, I'll post the link! I should have a piece up at Survivor Haven in the next month or so, and it's directly related to sexual abuse, so I'll be sure to post that link in that folder! Thanks! :o}
iVillage Member
Sat, 05-31-2003 - 8:49pm
Yay for you for poetry. And yay for Andrea for laughter.

I'm proud of myself for-----

I did not go with my husband for last weekend. He went somewhere I did not want to go and I told him I didn't want to go. I told him I did not want to go and - I did not go. This is new for me. I did not make excuses. I felt guilty for not going but - I did not go. I went somewhere else, without him. He was not happy, and tried to guilt me into going with him, but --- I didn't!!

I know. In my head this sounds kind of goofy, but - he was my lifesaver 25 years ago. I have spent the time making him happy. Not disappointing him. Killing me. Now I'm learning different. I think this is a big step.

I spent today with my grandson. He has the prettiest smile. I haven't seen him for two weeks and when he got here, he put his little arms around my neck and his cheek next to mine and my heart melted. ( He's 19 months old, was born 4 months early, and is not even a little bit spoilt.)

Deb

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-01-2003 - 12:09pm
I relate to what a big step it was not to go with your dh. I feel as if I have been growing that way in the last few months, too, and I'm worried how it's going to go when my dh gets home. (He's been gone for 4 months, comes home in about 2 months from now--Navy.) In the last four months, through my work in OA and AMAC, I find that I am starting to figure out my opinions, my feelings, my wishes and desires. I have made some new friends since he left, and one thing I notice that's different about me now is that I am not afraid to mention when I disagree with something, or when I see something a different way. This is big for me, because I always used to feel like a chameleon. I would change into whichever person I was with. I was a total people pleaser. But I never realized what a dishonest way that was to live. It causes resentments, too. Anyway, I feel like this growth is still very new and tenuous--and I'm worried that if my dh gets home, I'll just fall back into old patterns and ways of being. I've talked to him about this, but it's hard to know how it will go until he's home again. I hope I can endure! :o}