I told!!!!

iVillage Member
I told!!!!
Fri, 06-06-2003 - 3:46pm
I have been crying non stop about this rape my sister has went through. Today my husband called me at work wanting to know if I wanted to do lunch and I had been crying and he could tell. I have my own office so no one sees me crying. Anyway, he told me he talked to me at home so I printed off my first post from here where I told you guys what happened. We started talking and he said, "I think this has affected you more than your sister" and I handed him the post and said, "this is why" and. He of course wanted to know who it was and I told him and he hugged me and we talked. I feel SOOOOOO much better that I told him. He told me I needed to be strong for my sister and that she may be more apt to talk to someone who has been through this type of thing and that if I told her it may help her. He also said that I need to make sure my sister sticks w/ the charges filed and testifies against this and make sure she gets justice and in the end it may help me. Okay, so it is very hard to be strong when so many memories are going through my mind but I'm trying. I've called the prosecuting attorney and talked to her. I talked to my sister who says she just wants to put it all behind her. I know how scared and aweful she feels but if she doesn't go through w/ this the boy will never get what he deserves. I will have a real discussion w/ her later and tell her what has happened to me. Also, I just found out that the boy forced her best friend Holly to kiss him and go up her shirt a few months ago. She told him no and he did it anyway. I an going to see if Holly will file sexual assault charges but I'm not sure if she will.
iVillage Member
In reply to: vick_mp
Fri, 06-06-2003 - 4:16pm
Looks like you posted while I was responding to your other post! I'm so glad you told your husband, and that he was so understanding and supportive. I could tell just by the tone of your post that just doing that lifted a lot off of you. Way to go! What a great step!

Love, Heidi

HeidiRose

co-cl, Sexual Abuse Healing Board

iVillage Member
In reply to: vick_mp
Fri, 06-06-2003 - 4:50pm
Thanks Heidi. You have been awesome to chat w/ and I appreciate you being there for me and taking the time out to read my posts and respond. I don't know how much I needed it. If it wasn't for this site and all the responses I've gotten to my posts I would not have had the courage to tell. I am grateful for all of you!!