Need to share

iVillage Member
Need to share
Wed, 06-11-2003 - 10:42pm
I really am excited - I think. This is so out of the ordinary for me, I'm not sure that's what it is. And I miss my group, since it disbanded I miss having someone to share with each week for sure.

What I'm looking forward to is - I'm teaching a virtual training class tomorrow. I found out about it 3 weeks ago, was kind of scared, but have read my material, learned my product, learned my presentation tool, highlighted, made notes, practiced, practiced, and practiced. Read it out loud to my dog even! The company chose six of us corporate wide to do this and I'm the state representative for my market. We'll be teaching customer's about how to use the on-line product in seven states. Tomorrow is a first real deal session. And I'm looking forward to it??? That is different.

I'm proud that I was chosen, I'm proud that someone that doesn't even know me knew my work well enough to think I was capable of the job (even if I didn't think I could to start with). I'm glad it's over the phone and on the computer, face to face would be way different I'm sure.

I'm also p0'd at my DH. He's not very impressed at all. Too bad - I am. Five years of therapy has done something!! I'm not afraid!!

iVillage Member
In reply to: memedeb
Thu, 06-12-2003 - 12:29am
Good for you!!! I can just *feel* your excitement. Have a great time & let us know how it goes!
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-12-2003 - 9:53am
Yah-hooooo! You go girl. Not being afraid is a magnificent feeling! Drink it up!!
**gentle hugs**

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-13-2003 - 8:00am
Yippee. I am still proud of myself, which is an awkward feeling. Somehow, I feel as if I'm bad because I'm so proud of myself and "tooting my own horn", but I still want to.

I did good, not perfect, good. I did make some flubs, but recovered nicely. Didn't really expect to be perfect and I think that made a major difference in helping me be unafraid. My listeners said I sounded confident and clear and I felt that way, even during the flubs!! Not confused and unsure of what to do in those unprepared for situations, but handled them.

And yes, unafraid is a magnificent feeling.

Deb

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-13-2003 - 10:18am
Toot away!! I love how you're able to toot, imperfections and all. That's soooo healthy and something I'm fighting to do myself.

It's funny, I took a public speaking course a while back b/c I would love to do that someday. One of the speakers told us how she got around being struck with stage fright. She said that 95% of any audience wants to make sure their time is worthwhile so they will always find something valuable out of any speaker. And there's about 5% who will always find something wrong no matter what. She said she feels as though she will always please 100% of her audience b/c they will all find what they came for. I thought that was an interesting way of looking at things. :-)

**gentle hugs**

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-13-2003 - 10:43am
Congratulations! What wonderful news!

You SHOULD be proud and excited. I'm sorry your dh isn't celebrating with you, but I'm glad that's not stopping you from savoring the success you are feeling. It's such a good feeling to have that excitement, especially when it's not a feeling you have very often. With the SA issues you are dealing with, you probably get used to feeling depressed, anxious, angry, etc. or just BLAH.

I've learned to really treasure those joyful moments and milk them for all they're worth! Hope it's going well!

Love, Heidi

HeidiRose

co-cl, Sexual Abuse Healing Board