*****HAPPY****FRIDAY*******

iVillage Member
*****HAPPY****FRIDAY*******
Fri, 06-13-2003 - 11:55am
This post is where we share something happy from our week. The recovery journey is difficult, and it's important to stop and smell the roses! :o}
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-13-2003 - 12:13pm
This week, I am happy about a friendship that's growing. About not having to say who it is when I call her--she knows my voice--and about knowing hers when she calls and always being happy to hear it. About taking our kids bowling and having a great time. And about being comfortable enough with her and trusting her enough to share my story with her, and she has shared her own stories with me. It is very relaxing to be with someone and to be able to put down the "guarded" feeling. What a gift this friendship is for me!

And I never would have had this friendship if it weren't for my AMAC group. This group has changed my life. :o} I think that the growth in this part of my life--overcoming isolation--is what made me able to deal with my memories this week.

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-14-2003 - 6:52pm
My happy thing this week is that I've been able to enjoy a lot of activities with my kids. I love it when they have lots to do and friends to be with. I've enjoyed watching them.
HeidiRose

co-cl, Sexual Abuse Healing Board