HI I AM BACK AFTER MIA.

iVillage Member
HI I AM BACK AFTER MIA.
Sat, 06-21-2003 - 7:10pm
I have been lurking but haven't been posting. I am still dealing with the depression and suicidal ideation more then the sexual abuse. I am still going to be seeing Kara my therapist that I am seeing now. I am having a hard week of memories flooding back and wishing things aren't the way they are. Thank you all for the support I find here, Love and Hugs,Andrea
iVillage Member
Sat, 06-21-2003 - 7:51pm
Hi Andrea,

I'm glad that you've been here reading. I know it's hard to post when you are dealing with a flood of emotions. It takes so much energy just to deal with that!

Please remember that you can reach out here any time!

Has your counselor considered Post Traumatic Stress Disorder for you? I was wondering because I think this is more common than people realize. My husband has PTSD, and I believe I do, as well. It has a very large range of symptoms, including depression and suicidal feelings, as well as the flashbacks. Sometimes the flashbacks aren't the memories themselves, but flashbacks of emotion that are triggered by events, people, sounds, even smells.

Keep hanging in there. I'll be thinking of you.

Love, Heidi

HeidiRose

co-cl, Sexual Abuse Healing Board

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-21-2003 - 10:07pm
It has been a tough battle and no my therapist hasn't talked about PTSD treatment for me but I am sure due to the abuse I have that. I have been diagnosed with major depessive disorder with suicidal ideation and also having borderline personality disorder. I get flashbacks of actually memories of what was done but also smells and emotions can trigger me when I see or smell something. Will be in touch. Thanks for the support. Love and Hugs Andrea
iVillage Member
Sun, 06-22-2003 - 3:18pm
Did you know there is also a PTSD board here at ivillage? That might be another good resource for you.

Borderline Personality Disorder is also being considered in my husband's dx. Our T explained that often when children are traumatized they compartmentalize different areas of their lives to cope. She has dealt with this a lot and has successfully treated people for this. He isn't dxd with it at this point; it's being considered as is cyclothymia, a milder form of bi-polar. We're charting his mood swings and recording whether they happen out of the blue or if they're triggered by something. So far they seem to come with triggers, so that probably rules out the cyclothymia and puts it back to the PTSD. PTSD is really something, it can have symptoms that mimic many conditions, including bi-polar and ADHD. Depression is part of it, too.

Hope your day is better today. Love, Heidi

HeidiRose

co-cl, Sexual Abuse Healing Board