Wishing everyone here Happy 4th of July

iVillage Member
Wishing everyone here Happy 4th of July
Thu, 07-03-2003 - 1:23pm
Hope everyone has a nice holiday tomorrow. Does your community do anything special to celebrate?

We have a parade that we go to almost every year, but I don't think we'll go this year because my daughter is away at camp and won't be back until tomorrow afternoon. After we get back we're getting together with some extended family for a barbecue, then we'll do our fireworks and watch the big ones at around 10:00.

When we lived out of state, away from family, we used to get a Baskin-Robbins ice cream cake that said "Happy Birthday America" and put sparklers on it while we sang. This was a fun way to explain to the kids what the 4th of July was, since they were very small. Maybe I'll pick one up tomorrow.

HeidiRose

co-cl, Sexual Abuse Healing Board

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-05-2003 - 8:59pm
Well, we didn't get a cake, and ended up going to the parade. ;oD I was really tempted to just send my husband and son and sleep in, though! I don't know why I didn't feel very motivated this year, because the 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays.

My daughter had a lot of fun at camp. We picked her up at 3:00. She had red, white and blue clips in her hair! I sure missed not having her around for a whole week.

Hope everyone had a nice day.

Hugs, Heidi

HeidiRose

co-cl, Sexual Abuse Healing Board