It's been awhile--wanted to say hey

iVillage Member
It's been awhile--wanted to say hey
Sat, 07-05-2003 - 1:49pm
Hi all, both members I already know and those of you I don't...

It's certainly been awhile since I've posted, or even read posts. It seems that when I actually have time off of work, I get busier! Crazy!

Things with me are okay--my dad (and perp) and stepmom just divorced, which to me is a blessing in disguise. Wouldn't you know, though, that he is already dating someone? I just don't understand what this woman sees in him...but then I'm more than biased.

I have made a couple of breathroughs in therapy this summer--I was able to share something with her that I hadn't yet (even after 2+ years of seeing this therapist) and was able to realize that what I was experiencing and feeling did NOT make me a freak. I knew that on an intellectual level, but it didn't feel like that in my heart.

Next week a bunch of us are going to Northern WI for a week--we rent a house and are going to just relax, or relax as much as you can with four children under the age of four! :) I'm a bit nervous about being somewhere where I can't come home when I want, but I think I"ll survive. I'm definitely in a better place *mentally* than I was last year when we went and I survived that.

Well, hope things are well with all of you. Take care of yourselves...Stacy

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-05-2003 - 2:21pm
Hi, Stacy--love your boardname, by the way--

I'm glad you stopped by. I'm glad you've been able to make those breakthroughs with therapy, and that you are in a better place. I've been in therapy for two years myself and it's amazing to me how even after so much time there is still stuff to bring up and work through. I am very happy for you!

Have a good time with your week away (sort of--it would be more of a week away if the kids weren't there, right?)! That sounds like a lot of fun!

Hope you can post here more often--keep taking care of you.

Hugs, Heidi

HeidiRose

co-cl, Sexual Abuse Healing Board

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-06-2003 - 1:25pm
Well, the nice thing about the kids who are going is that they aren't mine! :) I love them dearly and spend lots of time with them as it is--two are my goddaughters (they are 3 1/2 years old), then their little sister and brother (13 months and 18 months respectively). So, if they are driving me crazy, I can go to my room and ignore them! :)

It is pretty amazing that there is still things that can be worked through, but I guess that's the way with this "journey" or "battle", or whatever you choose to call it.

Thanks for your positive feedback--I really appreciate it! Thanks, stacy