first therapy ession

iVillage Member
first therapy ession
Fri, 07-11-2003 - 7:15am
Hi!

I had my first appt actually 2 weeks ago, my second was on wed. I can not belive the tremendous burden that seem to have lifted even after that first session. I finally feel happy?, not overwhelmed like I had been. On my last appt I made a copy of one of my posts, the one that I responded to telling my "life" story, she said she wanted to make acopy. I took a cue from someones post (cant remember who) and brought up hypnosis, she said she doesnt that but she does do relaxtion techniques, that will be almost the same as hypnosis. Unbeliveably, I am kinda excited about that, I will finally get answers to questions that I have had for years.

Thanks for the support and letting me post here, it has helped tremendously.

((hugs to all))

char

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-11-2003 - 10:01am
I know the feeling you mean--I think it comes from carrying this burden ourselves for so long, and thinking that no one would ever help us with it. Just to be able to unload a little makes me feel so much lighter and more free. I'm so glad therapy is working for you!
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-11-2003 - 9:00pm
Hey, Char--

Congratulations! I'm so glad this is working well for you. I know what you mean about feeling so much better. My first day of therapy was the most validating day of my life. I went in certain I was going to be admitted to the mental ward, and the information and reassurance I got on that first day made me feel like the sun was shining.

Be sure and continue to let us know how it goes, and share things you learn along the way. So happy for you!

Hugs, Heidi

HeidiRose

co-cl, Sexual Abuse Healing Board