Friday Five, for Fun!

iVillage Member
Friday Five, for Fun!
Sat, 07-12-2003 - 2:16am
Well, I guess technically it's Saturday, because where I am it's 12:15 a.m! But we haven't had a Friday Five for awhile, and it's a fun way to get to know each other. It's a nice way to lighten up a little too, since the issues we each deal with are so intense.

1. Do you have children? How many? (Feel free to tell more if you'd like)

2. What is the best vacation you've ever taken?

3. How often do you wear a dress?

4. Which is better: milk chocolate or dark?

5. Best movie you've seen recently?

HeidiRose

co-cl, Sexual Abuse Healing Board

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-12-2003 - 11:14am
1. I have two grown children - one son and one daughter. And one grandson. One dog, and access to my FIL's 4 horses. And lots of chickens in the "Poultry Palace" in my back yard. Hubby has added to the initial chicken lot in bits and pieces until they now have there own compound. Even a two story winged shelter for roosting. Number of chickens depends upon hatching of the day and number of coyote, owl, dog, cat, possum, racoon, and snake visits.

2. Best vacation - Road Trip about two years ago. Drove west, became bored with what we saw, turned north, found interesting signs and went that away. Wound up in St Louis Missouri, found a ferry across the Ohio river, found an Amish settlement in the middle of nowhere and met some interesting people. No plans. Just did.

3. I wear dresses as little as possible. My job requires I wear dresses, but I don't even wear them at work every day right now. Pantsuits. Preferred method of dress - sweatpants and t-shirts.

4. No contest. Milk chocolate.

5. Don't watch movies even enough to tell you what the last one I saw was.

Deb

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-12-2003 - 12:38pm
1. I have 3 kids,2 boys 1 girl, 1 DH, 2 sweet girly doggies, Venus and Chloe (I'll tell their story one day) and 4 cats.

2.Do not get to vacation,honest!

3.Don't.OK, I wore one to my sons wedding that was 6 years ago and to my DBil's funeral 3 years ago.

4.I have to agree w/ Deb, milk!!!

5.About Schmidt

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-12-2003 - 10:30pm
1. Do you have children? How many? (Feel free to tell more if you'd like)

Two, a dd age 9 and a ds age 6.

2. What is the best vacation you've ever taken?

A second honeymoon to Corfu, Greece. Eight days alone with my dh on a gorgeous island. What more could I want?

3. How often do you wear a dress?

Once or twice a week. Wearing one now!

4. Which is better: milk chocolate or dark?

Milk, of course!

5. Best movie you've seen recently?

A comedy called Old School. It was HILARIOUS!

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-14-2003 - 2:38am
My answers!

1. Do you have children? How many? (Feel free to tell more if you'd like) I have two children; a son who will be 13 in September, and a daughter who will be 11 in three weeks. They are really good kids. I'm glad I'm a mom.

2. What is the best vacation you've ever taken? Christmastime 1998-- my FIL flew everyone to Disney World for their 50th wedding anniversary. It was a lot of fun, and something we couldn't (still can't) have afforded ourselves.

3. How often do you wear a dress? Once a week, to church.

4. Which is better: milk chocolate or dark? I have to be the odd one out here; I LOVE dark!

5. Best movie you've seen recently? Daddy Day-Care.

HeidiRose

co-cl, Sexual Abuse Healing Board