Getting to Know Each Other

iVillage Member
Getting to Know Each Other
Fri, 07-18-2003 - 9:46pm
Here are some fun questions to help us get better acquainted!

1. Where were you born?

2. What is the furthest away from home you have been?

3. What subject did you like best in high school? Least?

4. What is the biggest contribution you could make if you were stranded on a deserted island with a group of people? This doesn't have to be roughin' it skills--think about personality traits, etc.

5. What pet(s) do you have, if any?

HeidiRose

co-cl, Sexual Abuse Healing Board

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-18-2003 - 9:54pm
1. I was born in the state of Virginia.

2. What is the furthest away from home you have been? I lived in the Manchester, England area for a year and a half doing volunteer church work when I was 21.

3. What subject did you like best in high school? Least? I always liked my music, dance, sewing, etc. classes best--I always had a knack for English but had a hard time staying focused (ADD). I HATED math classes.

4. What is the biggest contribution you could make if you were stranded on a deserted island with a group of people? This doesn't have to be roughin' it skills--think about personality traits, etc. Welllllll. . .once I got done boo-hooing I would be getting to know the other people. I'm a good listener. I'd be willing to pitch in and help with the not-to-icky stuff, but I'm kind of a wimp.

5. What pet(s) do you have, if any? We have two adult cats named Kitty and Angel, and two kittens we rescued from abandonment named Smoky and Sugar. I loooooove white cats.

HeidiRose

co-cl, Sexual Abuse Healing Board

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-18-2003 - 10:17pm
1. Where were you born?

- New Orleans, LA

- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (half-way around the world from where I lived).

- Civics; Chemistry (and hated the teacher too!)

4. What is the biggest contribution you could make if you were stranded on a deserted island with a group of people? This doesn't have to be roughin' it skills--think about personality traits, etc.

- Entertainment -- comic value!

- Do dust bunnies count? :)

Hugz,

Mia

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-19-2003 - 3:17am
1. Where were you born?

I was born in Illinois

Kids and I went to see hubby during his Germany deployment last year. Also have had the privilege of traveling to Spain, Switzerland, France, and Hawaii.

Loved Math, hated History.

Besides being good with my hands and fixing things, I have good ears, and think I am a sympathetic listener.

One dog who is driving me crazy, two cats (18 lbs each!)

~~~~~Katy~~~~~

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-19-2003 - 8:39am
1. I was born in Troy, NY.

2. I have been as far as Florida.

3. I loved Social Studies, anything that was about people and other countries.

I was bad at and hated math.

4. I'm very good at staying calm, and I can be inventive when I need to.

5. 2 doggies 4 cats.

Hugs,

Patti

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-19-2003 - 9:02am
I was born in virginia.I have lived here my whole life.The furthest away from home I have ever been was I went on a school field trip for French to Montreal & Quebec for one week.

My favorite subjects in school were science & history, the least was math & english Ugh!

Im really not sure what contribution I would make, I think I have funny if not weird sense of humor & Im an outdoors person maybe that would be my contribution. Oh and when ever the feeling strikes, I take charge, unfortunately you cant count on it :/
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-19-2003 - 9:06am
I forgot to tell about pets! We have one dog (she's enough trust me!) she is a black lab, chow & retriever mix. Her name is Baby & she fits it. She is definetly one of the kids.
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-19-2003 - 9:26am
Hi

OK, here goes...

1. Born in Detroit

2. Lived in Alaska for about six years

3. I don't remember high school but my favorite, I think, would be either math or art...or maybe english. The areas I like least are science and p.e.

4. The biggest contribution I could make? I follow directions well and try to be encouraging, rather than discouraging.

5. I live with Quimby who is part pug part boarder collie. She is a pug with an attitude, who thinks that she really is a great dane.

NAncy

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-19-2003 - 11:31am
1-i was born in Kelowna BC Canada.

2-furthest away would be Oregon, but that was only cause dad missed the turn and we had to turn around at the other side of the bridge that seperates Washington and Oregon.

3-hated social studies in school and liked anything i could do well (not much)

4-Contribution? can't even answer that (to keep my mouth shut?)

5-pets, a guinea pig by the name of Spud, a big ol red tabby by the name of Paisley and a pup by the name of Putter.
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-19-2003 - 11:47am
1. Where were you born?

St. Louis, MO

Athens, Greece

Liked math, hated social studies and science.

Guess this island is going to be a happy place b/c I'll also bring a good sense of humor.

One dog, two cats.

**gentle hugs**

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-19-2003 - 11:50am
1. Where were you born?

Brooklyn, NY

Well, I live in Hawaii now, but I've also been to Greece. I'm not sure which is further!

English was my favorite. (I actually took extra Shakespeare courses! lol) and Math was my worst. (I still cannot balance a checkbook.)

A sense of humor, and I know a lot of good stories from reading so much!

A black lab named Sally (and yes, I do sing "Lay down, Sally" to her!) and a cat named Toonces. (Does anyone here remember Toonces the Driving Cat from Sat. Night Live about 14 years ago? lol)

Pages