Thank You

iVillage Member
Thank You
Sat, 07-19-2003 - 12:36pm
Hey everyone,

I just want to say thank you to everyone for being so compassionate. I have lurked here for months, and could never make myself post. I guess it took crisis to make me do it. Anyway, I have received alot of encouragement from everyone here. I want to tell everyone that posted their experiences that you are very brave and should be proud of yourself. Reading these experiences was not easy, I will admit, but foremost it made me realize I wasn't alone. Second, it gave me inspiration because you guys have come a long way! I guess we all had to fight tooth and nail for what we believed in and to come through this tragedy in the shape we are in is amazing. I have noticed that most of us here are married, and seem to be happily so. That is wonderful. It is obviously inspiration for those that are not married that it is possible to find that someone that you can trust and loves you for who you are.

I think it is my turn to give back some of that encouragement and say that I am blessed to have found this group of compassionate women. I feel safe here, and feel able to express myself without those nagging worries of being judged being overwhelming. I still have those thoughts that I can't say "that" because they will think bad of me, but I can get past that much easier. The reason for that is because you all have said "that", and everyone has responded favorably. Writing my story was hard, but it was a relief because I have not told anyone besides my husband and my therapist. So you guys should feel privileged! Ha Ha! I will get off my soap box for now and one more time say THANK YOU!

Katy

~~~~~Katy~~~~~

iVillage Member
In reply to: katystears
Sat, 07-19-2003 - 12:45pm
I agree with you Katy, it is a privilage to be able to come here and share our lives.

Sharing the pain lessens the load of it for all of us I guess.

It certinaly makes me feel less alone as well.

And Katy know you are to be thanked also, we need you...keep coming.

Hugs and Peace to you,

Patti

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-19-2003 - 11:53pm
Hi Katy,

Thank you for your note! I am so glad that you are finding this to be a safe place where you feel comfortable. Rest assured that you can share anything that is on your mind.

I think we are growing into quite a wonderful little "community" here, and I'm glad that you are a part of it!

Hugs, Heidi

HeidiRose

co-cl, Sexual Abuse Healing Board

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-20-2003 - 12:58pm
Thank *you* for trusting us with your posts! I'm so glad you feel safe and welcome here! :o}