A dream to share...

iVillage Member
A dream to share...
Sat, 07-19-2003 - 12:52pm
Night before last a dreamt my childhood self was sitting on the very same bed in the very same summer jammies I had on when "it" happened...I was smiling at myself, the adult I am now...Any ideas of the meaning?

Thanks,

Patti

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-19-2003 - 11:59pm
Patti, I'm certainly no expert, but I do believe that dreams can definitely tell us something. If I were to wager a guess I would say that it sounds like Little You is happy and grateful for what Adult You is doing for her. You are acknowledging what happened to her and listening to her feelings. My T says that the ultimate goal of Inner Child work is to get to the point where the Child trusts the Adult, and the Adult nurtures the Child who has been pushed aside and neglected. It's like parenting ourselves. It sounds to me like your Inner Child is understanding and appreciating what you are doing for her. You could also take that as a "sign" that you are doing the right thing, and remembering that dream can help to fortify your resolve if you hit bumpy parts during your healing and feel like casting it aside. If your Inner Child is happy, then it seems to me that you will be happier all around.

It sounds like a wonderful dream to me. How did you feel when you woke up?

Hugs, Heidi

HeidiRose

co-cl, Sexual Abuse Healing Board

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-20-2003 - 7:56am
I felt happy to have seen her again and surprised she was smiling. I think she is glad someone is finally paying her some attention.

She and I thank all of you for seeing and hearing her.

Hugs,

Patti

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-20-2003 - 12:56pm
Wow! That sounds like a very powerful connection with your inner child. How wonderful that she was smiling! What do *you* think it means?
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-20-2003 - 1:18pm
I guess it must mean we are on the path to self discovery and healing.

I must at least be going in the right direction.

Hugs and PEACE,

Patti