HAPPY FRIDAY!

iVillage Member
HAPPY FRIDAY!
Fri, 07-25-2003 - 1:52pm
We haven't done this in awhile, but I always enjoyed this kind of thread. There are many newcomers (HOORAY!) so I'll explain what Happy Friday posts are all about.

The healing journey is long and arduous! Sometimes we may wonder why we bother at all because healing seems so rough. Happy Friday posts are about good things we've experienced during the week--a time to stop and smell the roses, to appreciate the good things in life. I believe that actively working to maintain a positive outlook greatly increases our chances of happiness. So, please share something happy or positive from your week.

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-25-2003 - 1:55pm
I'm happy that this is the last weekend of my dh's deployment!! He's coming home soon! :o)

I'm also very happy to see so many new members on the board. I'm not happy about the experiences that brought you here, but I am happy that you are seeking out ways to heal. That takes so much courage, and it is truly a privelege to be in your company!

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-25-2003 - 4:51pm
It's good to have this to think about. Lately I haven't felt like there ARE any roses to smell, but it seems there is always something to be thankful for. It's good to have the reminder to take notice of the good things. Sometimes they're small, but they're still there.

My good thing this week is that my tomatoes and cucumbers are growing beautifully, despite the drought conditions we're in. I don't water more than 2 or 3 times per week, and I'm a beginning gardener. I started two years ago, and my first attempts were miserable. So, in the words of my daughter, I've graduated from black thumb to yellow thumb!

Also, I'm grateful that with as crazy as things have been with both me and my husband, we are both safe and we have had some very close conversations. I'm glad that we are communicating with each other honestly.

My roses! Heidi

HeidiRose

co-cl, Sexual Abuse Healing Board