HELLO EVERYONE

iVillage Member
HELLO EVERYONE
Tue, 07-29-2003 - 3:55pm
I wasn't sure what icon to use so I chose this one. First off tomorrow I am going to meet with a pyschiatrist about a study that was in the paper needing people for a depression study with an investigational drug.I will meet and see which study I am eligible for if any and if I want to participate if I am eligible. It is at no cost to me and they pay between $25 and $30 per visit. Also I got my first books for my schooling that I am doing in Early Childhood Education through a correspondence course. I got them yesterday and I took my first exam today and I got 100 on it. I am kinda dancing with myself and patting myself on the back since I am here at the library and Irv is at home doing the laundry but I know when I tell him he will be pleased. He told me good luck before I left and said just believe in yourself. I wasn't too confident so I went over my answers like 3 times before I felt I was ready to take it. I have 2 appointments left with Kara before she leaves for her maternity leave and so the sexual abuse will be put on hold until she gets back. I am trying to get the courage to write my story here as I know it will help me. Well, my time is up here but wanted to let you know what is going on and thanks for all the love and support. Love and Hugs Andrea
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-30-2003 - 1:53pm
Hey, Andrea!

Sounds like you've got some positive things going for yourself! I hope that study works out for you. Congratulations on your test, too! That is great. It's so important to "dance with ourselves," as you put it! We need to find ways to be good to ourselves. Is Irv your husband? It sounds like he is very supportive of you. Tell us more about him! :o)

As far as sharing your story goes, do it when you're ready. I believe it *will* help you, but don't feel pressured. We will be here when you're ready.

Have you and Kara discussed a plan for what you can do if you need help while she's gone? The reason I ask this is because I know for myself how hard it is when you get into a crisis where you really need to talk and your counselor isn't available. Considering what you just went through, I think it would be a good idea to come up with a safety plan. I know you mentioned in an earlier post that you have done a safety contract with her; maybe it needs to be modified a bit since she won't be available? Is she open to you calling her in an extreme situation? Can you bring this up with her on your next visit?

It's good to hear you sounding so much happier. I am glad that you have good things going on. Remember to come here often!

Love, Heidi

HeidiRose

co-cl, Sexual Abuse Healing Board