A word about journaling

iVillage Member
A word about journaling
Thu, 07-31-2003 - 12:00pm
I noticed some posts on different sites about journaling and writing down your story. I find this helpful. Why? Because it gives me permission to forget. I don't have to worry about remembering everything and the details because I have it all documented. So if I go to court and have to testify, I have it all written down, and I don't have to practice my testimony or practice telling people about it making sure I remember everything. If for some reason I have to tell about it, I can just pull out the journal and it is all there. This way, I can clear my mind of the memories without worrying that I should remember it for some reason. Also , I don't ever have to "tell" the story, I can just show people the journal, unless I just WANT to tell it. Hope this helps someone.

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-01-2003 - 1:43am
I'm glad you posted this. I find the same relief from journaling. If it's down on paper then it's out and I don't have to keep going over and over and over it. Of course, it seems there's always something to take it's place! :op Thanks again.

Hugs, Heidi

HeidiRose

co-cl, Sexual Abuse Healing Board