Feeling Overwhelmed

iVillage Member
Feeling Overwhelmed
Wed, 08-06-2003 - 6:08pm
I am totally stressing out. I got a call from my lawyer. Friday I have to prep for court, Monday I have to go to the doctor and take my mother and grandmother for court prep, and Tuesday is court, and I was supposed to have my last meeting with my proffessor before school started. I have a migraine that my medicine doesn't seem to be helping enough. On top of that, my therapist is on vacation this week and doesn't know the court date is Tuesday. She was going to accompany me. Now I have to go by myself and I don't even get to see her again till Thursday after court. I am so scared. I don't know what I'll do if he gets unsupervised visitation with my son. He went to South Carolina last week, and we all know what that means. That is where he gets fake passports and ID's. He is planning to take my son to Mexico. He always used to threaten that, and now it is obvious that he is going to go through with it if he gets the chance. I have to rest now... this headache is too much.
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-06-2003 - 6:56pm
So sorry to hear what you are going through. Prayers and good thoughts by the buckets are sent your way. Is there no one else you can rely on to give you support in court? I'll pray that things go your way. My son is my life line, i can only imagine the fear you must be feeling. Try and stay strong and i'll pray that justice prevails.

Good Luck & Safe Days,

Danielle.
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-08-2003 - 12:00am
Oh boy, what a load all at once. I don't blame you for being stressed out! Is there a way you can reach your counselor? Will your legal representation help to prepare everyone on your side for court?

I hope it goes well, and that your husband isn't able to follow through on any of his threats. Have you told anyone about what he has threatened to do?

I will include you in my prayers and will be thinking of you. Let your love for your son give you the strength to fight as hard as you need to. Please let us know how you're doing often. We care about you.

Love, Heidi

HeidiRose

co-cl, Sexual Abuse Healing Board